Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my hotbodies undertail last weekend, had it installed in a few hours. Let me tell you two things if you are thinking of installing one of these:

1) the instructions they send you are completely worthless
2) molten wax from cutting the plastic with a dremel is not a pleasant thing to get on your skin

Other than that, the tail looks friggin SWEET. The fit was perfect on my 2003 954. I also put a UFO integrator in there at the same time since I had it all opened up. It's pretty spiffy too.

Photos:

Photos from my hotbodies undertail install

-rob

(O|||||O)

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Looks great! :thumb: ...and welcome! :cheers:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Look's great! :thumb: How bright are the turn signals in the undertail, easy to see?

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Nice job CJ, and awesome photo/write-up! That is C L E A N! :thumb: I'm curious too though, have you figured out where the plate is going? :idunno:

·
Registered
161 Posts
ClemsonJeeper said:
Got my hotbodies undertail last weekend, had it installed in a few hours. Let me tell you two things if you are thinking of installing one of these:

2) molten wax from cutting the plastic with a dremel is not a pleasant thing to get on your skin

Other than that, the tail looks friggin SWEET. The fit was perfect on my 2003 954. I also put a UFO integrator in there at the same time since I had it all opened up. It's pretty spiffy too.

Photos:

Photos from my hotbodies undertail install

-rob

(O|||||O)
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
mate that looks shit hot :thumb:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Bacchus said:
Nice job CJ, and awesome photo/write-up! That is C L E A N! :thumb: I'm curious too though, have you figured out where the plate is going? :idunno:
:wstupid: was wondering the same thing

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bacchus said:
CJ, or anyone else who's installed one of these trick superbike hotbodies undertails - do you have any pictures and/or advice regarding installation of the license plate?
Bill C.

·
Registered
9 Posts
nice...whats up with the ufo light..does do funky shiat?

where did u get the products...how much..wheres the plate going..

GOOD JOB!!!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Got mine last week. Installed in a couple of hrs. Bought from Indysuperbikes.But they didn't include license plate bracket.So I pressed out the bolts from stock one, bent it 90o & drilled 2 holes just behind the signals & mounted it there W/rubber grommets on BOTH SIDES of UNDER TAIL to HOPEFULLY?!?!? prevent cracking.Also Next day got the rear seat cowling replacement.Looks Outstanding! :thumb:

·
Registered
107 Posts
ClemsonJeeper said:

+Had the same issues as you with the instructions being crap and the hot wax (not fun on the face. hehe). But just out of curiousity why did you have to install the integrator kit? the 954 kit comes with the blinkers, couldnt the stock wiring just be routed to those? i dunno just wondering :idunno:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts