Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,
havent been posting quite some time...
Convinced myself that the R6 is doing better on the track than the ZX-6 (only my opinion, dont crucify me) therefore bought a new track bike and prep'd it... here some pictures, hope u like it...

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
You will love that bike on the track.

Come summer mine should be pretty much that, but with street fairing on it haha.
What exhaust is that? I know its akropovic.. I assume full exhaust as well, so titanium or stainless?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You will love that bike on the track.

Come summer mine should be pretty much that, but with street fairing on it haha.
What exhaust is that? I know its akropovic.. I assume full exhaust as well, so titanium or stainless?
yeah in love with it already. took it out for the last race 2 weeks ago, first time. Crashed it in the warm up, but did personal best 600cc laptime on it immediately. ended up 4th in both races.
Need to get a lot more used to it, but its a wicked, mean little machine. Love it!
Hope I get the podium next race end of the month :)
yes, its the Akra full system. Chose the stainless steel, titanium too sensitive when u crash & $$$ :)

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
best 600cc laptime. That is impressive!
Yeah will take a bit of time to get used to, but once you do the times will just get faster and faster.

Yeah, I paid less then cost for my full stainless system. Even then if probably would have bought it over the titanium, so expensive

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
best 600cc laptime. That is impressive!
Yeah will take a bit of time to get used to, but once you do the times will just get faster and faster.

Yeah, I paid less then cost for my full stainless system. Even then if probably would have bought it over the titanium, so expensive
yep, like it a lot better than the ZX-6 and the CBR600... Yamaha built the R6 purely for the track, I reckon.
The akra system boosted my torque and WHP, lovely exhaust. Stainless good enough, I am a light-weight :)

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Both are good bikes for sure, but the R6 just has that edge. Exactly why I bought one haha.
I have the PC V and Autotuner to go onto mine when the spring comes.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Both are good bikes for sure, but the R6 just has that edge. Exactly why I bought one haha.
I have the PC V and Autotuner to go onto mine when the spring comes.
alright, had a great session tonight. She is running very well. Will try to edit some footage soon...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts