Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:idunno: guys and gals out there,i am wondering if anyone out there who owns a cbr954rr has a device for the pillion passanger to hold on when ur cruising the FREEWAYS????
the only thing i can think of is using a a pack rack :idunno:
open to any suggestins :crap:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
gman80 said:
:idunno: guys and gals out there,i am wondering if anyone out there who owns a cbr954rr has a device for the pillion passanger to hold on when ur cruising the FREEWAYS????
they don't actually have to hold onto anything, if you're already up to speed and just cruising along then just sitting there will keep them sitting.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Or they make a belt that goes around your waist and has 2 handles on each side for you passenger to hold on to.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
My skank just holds onto the 12-O bar.... :idunno:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
gman80 said:
Thier own bike ;) A passenger just screws up your handling.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have a belt that clips around my waist. It has 4 handles :idunno: . It seems to work well for my 7 year old daughter. The seat's too small for a normal sized adult IMHO.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
sheepofblue said:
Thier own bike ;) A passenger just screws up your handling.
This is very true... However sometimes its necessary to ride the little woman, especially since she helped with the down payment :nod:

I find it good if she holds on to me around my chest. Then on stops she puts one arm around me and one arm out to stop herself on the tank.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Geez, and all this time I thought the pillion WAS the passenger and what he or she sat on was the pillion pad :huh:

sds :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
didn't the old ZX-9 and ZX-7 have the bars on the back? I am not a big fan...but you could make something like that, right into the subframe. :thumbd: More i think about it...the more i want to say...do not do that.

Just put the loops on your belt! :D

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
showmethebombs said:
didn't the old ZX-9 and ZX-7 have the bars on the back? I am not a big fan...but you could make something like that, right into the subframe. :thumbd: More i think about it...the more i want to say...do not do that.

Just put the loops on your belt! :D
yeah I've been a passenger twice in my life (once before I got my bike and once a few weeks ago) and the first time I held onto the belts on his jacket and the second tiem I held onto the grab bars on the side of the tail on a zx7r. it sucked ass being a passenger that second time since I ride myself so get her on a bike by herself and the next time you put her on the back she'll never go on again.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
As I mentioned before Gman80 I've got a ventura rack with the grab rail attachment as well as the big bag. Pretty much any local bike shop should have them. But you sometimes you have to be careful if you have a highmount aftermarket exhaust since they can get in the way of each other.

http://www.ventura-bike.com/english/products/pack_system/index.html

Pic of the L brakets and grab rail

The rack is also great for carrying stuff when you need to and is streets ahead of carting a backpack around.

However when I've been on the freeway, the one pillion I've had so far has had her arms around me and puts her hands on the tank and leans on that. It takes the weight off me and she can grab onto me quickly if she needs to. It also means that she automatically moves with the bike as I go around corners. But we have only been on short freeway jaunts so not sure if it will be good for longer distance stuff. She seems to think of that grab rail as something to stop her sliding off the back. But she has her own bike now so its not really an issue anymore.

You always got the strap across the seat they can grab onto. :D

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
matt232 said:
However when I've been on the freeway, the one pillion I've had so far has had his big muscly arms around me and puts his rough man hands on the tank and leans on that. It takes the weight off me and he can grab onto me quickly if he desires to. It also means that he automatically moves with the bike as I go around corners. But we have only been on short freeway jaunts back to his place so not sure if it will be good for longer distance stuff. He seems to think of my crotch grab rail as something to stop him sliding off the back. But he has his own bike now so its not really an issue anymore.

You always got the strap across the seat they can grab onto. :D

:eek:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts