Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've asked around and been told that the pillion seat is supposed to be like this. I'm still not convinced. It locks down fine, but the gap???

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that. Read it all, and yours looked like mine. What does it look like now? As an engineer I'm not adverse to altering the brackets / hinges if it isn't too hard, but want to fit a grab rail as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm wondering if it's the wrong plastics for the year. As you can see, it's a miss-match and was bought cheap as a hack. Everything else is fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
This is about the best I could do it. It was high all the way around. I ended up bending the latch arm in the lock to bring the rear down. If I remember correctly I ended up using a hinge brkt that I ended up opening up the mounting holes so i could move the seat rearward. I also bent the nose of the seat down to close the gap up in the front.

This is how the seat sits now.

original fit of the seat. These were all new parts too:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all that. I can see what you've done there. I reckon I can make a shorter hinge bracket to bring the front down, and do what you've done by bending the hook to lock the back down lower.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Pete instead of a grab rail for 2up riding. I suggest considering a 2-up handle from PSR. I bought one and would never want to ride 2up without it. I can easily pull wheelies with my wife on the back and hardly notice she is there. And semi aggressive riding in the curves is really comfortable. Check it out

PSR 2-Up Passenger Bars - Motorcycle Superstore

1 - 8 of 8 Posts