Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
This reviewer's response:

Although this film screams plagairism when considering reality makeover shows such as Monster House and many of their ilk, it does indeed demonstrate avant garde innovation. Specifically, a fuller than full length advertisement coming from Germany, spoken in English with Deutsch subtitles. Anyone who is bilingual in these two languages will notice the subtle nuances and double entendres!!! (More on that later)

The plea for help, the surprise visit to let him know the team is there to rescue his burger (which by the way, isn't) and the feigned jubilation ala the other makeover shows barely elevate the acting above that of Torque and BikerBoyz II, but not by much. That lame scene of hygroponically grown tomatos with pet names was pure science fiction straight out of 2001: A Space Odyssey. What must Bruce Dern think??? It really added very little to the plot, and many audience members I polled fell asleep at that point. It wasn't until the hot chic came on at the near end and said "Das ist zo Gross!" (translated as 'That is so BIG') and she wasn't looking at the sandwich either when that memorable line was uttered, that the audience became aroused and interested again.

Cinematography was ok, maybe better if it wasn't a streaming video. Music was so, so. The only shot at an Academy Award is possibly best Director. Graphic Design doesn't stand a chance, in fact BK might already have a suit in progress. My bet is an award for best writing from a preteen!

Overall, I give it :thumb: :thumbd: because I have two thumbs.

Conq, don't you have anything better to do?

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
maxib said:
This reviewer's response:

Although this film screams plagairism when considering reality makeover shows such as Monster House and many of their ilk, it does indeed demonstrate avant garde innovation. Specifically, a fuller than full length advertisement coming from Germany, spoken in English with Deutsch subtitles. Anyone who is bilingual in these two languages will notice the subtle nuances and double entendres!!! (More on that later)

The plea for help, the surprise visit to let him know the team is there to rescue his burger (which by the way, isn't) and the feigned jubilation ala the other makeover shows barely elevate the acting above that of Torque and BikerBoyz II, but not by much. That lame scene of hygroponically grown tomatos with pet names was pure science fiction straight out of 2001: A Space Odyssey. What must Bruce Dern think??? It really added very little to the plot, and many audience members I polled fell asleep at that point. It wasn't until the hot chic came on at the near end and said "Das ist zo Gross!" (translated as 'That is so BIG') and she wasn't looking at the sandwich either when that memorable line was uttered, that the audience became aroused and interested again.

Cinematography was ok, maybe better if it wasn't a streaming video. Music was so, so. The only shot at an Academy Award is possibly best Director. Graphic Design doesn't stand a chance, in fact BK might already have a suit in progress. My bet is an award for best writing from a preteen!

Overall, I give it :thumb: :thumbd: because I have two thumbs.

Conq, don't you have anything better to do?
:rotfl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts