Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Back fist strike to the temple. I'm impressed, that wouldn't usually end it. :clap:

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Heavy-Dee said:
I think it was a knife hand to the jugular.
None of the above.

What you saw is a common police defensive tactics technique called a Brachial Stun. He used the side of his forearm to deliver the blow.

It's very effective when it's effective if that makes any sense. What I mean is, I've dumped guys my size with it just like you saw on the video, but if you don't sink it in or fail to get the suspect pretty flush on the brachial plexus (a network of nerves that conducts signals from the spine to the shoulder, arm, and hand), it won't get you anywhere.

Plunger time if that happens. :plunge: :smilebig:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Chain said:
None of the above.

What you saw is a common police defensive tactics technique called a Brachial Stun. He used the side of his forearm to deliver the blow.

It's very effective when it's effective if that makes any sense. What I mean is, I've dumped guys my size with it just like you saw on the video, but if you don't sink it in or fail to get the suspect pretty flush on the brachial plexus (a network of nerves that conducts signals from the spine to the shoulder, arm, and hand), it won't get you anywhere.

Plunger time if that happens. :plunge: :smilebig:
So where exactly do you hit him? The throat or the side of the neck? Helluva defensive move...that sucka dropped like a rock!

·
Registered
172 Posts
A diffused stike to the brachial plexus falls under leathal force for WI DOC. The state is concerned with plaque breaking loose from the veins in that area and making their way to the brain. We're only supposed to index 6 inches from the neck before the strike. :huh:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts