Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have them in your trailers, what size chocks are you using?

Thanks,

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
K9inAZ said:
For those that have them in your trailers, what size chocks are you using?

Thanks,
Pay no attention to someone that doesn't even own a trailer . . .

Pingel is really a generic term, and I use the large size with the quick release in black powder coat. My floor is much nicer than one that has e-track running all over it. Granted the e-track gives you more variations, but unless you route out the 3/8" required for flush mounting (making your floor pretty weak), you always have a large frickin piece of steel sticking up out of the floor.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I keep up with the Jones, I purchased two Pit Bull wheel chocks! Oh yeah, I have four 10' E-tracks installed in the trailer, so there! Heh heh heh heh :D

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
ConqSoft said:
Who said anything about e-track? :huh:

Pit-Bull chocks just require two small studs to be left sticking up went the chocks aren't installed.
No studs with my chocks, just rounded slides countersunk into the floor. Sorry, I thought you had used e-track in your old trailer . . .

But, Pingel is a brand name and the company licenses the concept of slide out chocks to several other companies, including Pit Bull.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Abtech,

I just purchased 2 Pingel chocks for my trailer that will be here next week. My question is I've seen a few trailers posted here with pictures of them off set. Can some post their layout to place them in a 6X10 V nose. I know it's not rocket science but I'm sure you all have it down to a science :p

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
K9inAZ said:
I keep up with the Jones, I purchased two Pit Bull wheel chocks! Oh yeah, I have four 10' E-tracks installed in the trailer, so there! Heh heh heh heh :D
Did you see the mounts I made to put my pit bulls on etrack? There are things that could be done better but they are very convenient and work well

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Nate_929 said:
Abtech,

I just purchased 2 Pingel chocks for my trailer that will be here next week. My question is I've seen a few trailers posted here with pictures of them off set. Can some post their layout to place them in a 6X10 V nose. I know it's not rocket science but I'm sure you all have it down to a science :p
Mine isn't a V nose and is set up for 3 bikes. I have the middle one positioned approximately 1 foot forward of the 2 sides. I'll check to see if I have any pictures showing the mounting, but it's 8.5' wide, so it probably won't help you very much.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Although it was a lot of work one advantage of my system is that you can move the chocks to load balance based on how many bikes you have (or other things as for the track I take the tool box)

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'ved used both Pingel and PitBull.

Pingle chocks are designed for cruisers, not sportbikes with 300mm+ rotors making it very easy to bend a rotors if the front wheel is not perfectly centered and vertical in the chock.

PitBull chocks don't come anywhere near the rotors and are a much beefier construction IMHO.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
:plus1: With a 929, the Pingel comes within an RCH* of hitting the rotors.

*PM me if you don't know what an RCH is... ;)

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Even though having etrack sticking up is a bit of a pain, I'll take the secure attachment of chocks to it over the "pop chocks" any day. I've seen the pop chocks come undone during transport. There's probably different kinds, but the ones I saw sucked.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts