Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 5 year old Pioneer Elite crapped out on me a while back so I took it into a repair center. Come to find out the DSP board is smoked and the part is no longer available from Pioneer.:hmm:

Me, being me, decide to write a letter to Pioneer expressing my disappointment over this. I mean, really, I know as an electronic device they get out-dated and sometimes break but as one of the Elite models, I said, I would have thought that the parts to fix them would be available at the very least.

Not really expecting to ever hear from Pioneer, I was mildy shocked when 2 days later I got an email from them asking me to give them a call. I had a case number and everything.

I call, they apologize and then ask me to take a look at their current models on their website and to pick out the ones I'd be interested in owning.

I pick out two. They say they'll call me back with prices. I get a call yesterday with the prices. They're offering me the opportunity to purchase a receiver direct from them at just about 60% off MSRP! :hyper:

Rock on Pioneer! :thumb:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehehe. It probably only works if you can prove you own an Elite receiver. ;)

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Elite is home stuff, Premier is car only, I believe. But yes, similar as in top of the line for Pioneer.

·
Registered
252 Posts
nhfirefighter13 said:
:D something arguably better than an Elite 50. ;)
are you kidding, when I was 14 and had the shiny new red moped, I was the pimp of the town. I suppose that is how I got hooked on motorcycles so much. That first look at you shiny new "red" ride:smokin:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good point. But you're not 14 anymore and a Honda Elite 50 might not be so big pimpin for a 31 yr old. :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
That is true of regular Pioneer as well. I had a car head unit that would only work some controls from the remote. Remote quit working and they sent me a new one free.:thumb:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Might as well get a Reflex at that point.

Aych, Glad to hear it. I really do like their product and never expected them to respond this way. Awesome customer service and you actually end up talking to a real live, english speaking person.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Make me feel even worse for not buying the Elite Plasma. ;)

Nice to hear a company takes care of their people. I've had outstanding luck with Pioneer car audio stuff. Never had any of their product in the home though.

·
Registered
252 Posts
nhfirefighter13 said:
good point. But you're not 14 anymore and a Honda Elite 50 might not be so big pimpin for a 31 yr old. :)
What do you mean? Mopeds are like fat chicks, they are fun to ride,.... until your buddies see ya!!:bed:

·
Registered
637 Posts
That should be right around wholesale if you picked a top-end unit. After high school I worked at Circuit City for a couple years. They offered us everything at store cost (above wholesale) so I was buying top-end Harman Kardon goodies for about 45% of retail. With the way those things ran, the higher end models of any brand almost always had more margin than the lower end ones.
Still, it's good to hear Pioneer is maintaining their customers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts