Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just installed an Arata system, but I'm not quite sure if the pipe is curved properly.
I bought the system used.

After installation, there is only about 2mm of clearance Between the mid pipe and the right lower fairing (it used to be touching until I tweaked it a bit more).

I'm worried that the heat will discolour the plastics really fast, so I'm hoping someone out there has the same exhaust and can help me out.

I've tried twisting the pipe to get more clearance, but that's about all I can get without figuring out a way to shorten the mount to the passenger foot peg.
I'm using the stock passenger foot peg as the mountain point.

I may go ahead try to reverse the mid-pipe, but I don't think it is designed to be reversible. I also can visualize the spring hooks lining up properly.
(This is all just visualization, since I hoping to avoid having to take off that cowling again).

How much clearance do other '00/'01 fireblades have at this spot?
I'll update with a picture later when I get my camera charged.

Thanks.

·
Registered
896 Posts
make sure all the pipes are in all the way. i would think you have to remove the passenger pegs. ive seen pics of the arata system and its much like my arrow. did you install piece by piece or did you assemble the header and try to put it on?

if you can find pics of hondagaltoo's bike she has the arata on a 929 and check my gallery for pics of my system. they look the same.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts