Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been to Buckley Tyres (Welcome to Buckley Tyre Service) to change the OEM rubber. The bike has done about 2k and the rear had squared off quite a bit.

I had decided on Dunlop SportSmarts due to the positive reviews, despite the relatively high cost. There were none in stock so I was swayed by the cheaper option of Pirelli Diablo Rosso II's. There's a deal on at the moment for £25 back from Pirelli if you buy a pair and fill in a small form.

I didnt really have much of a problem with the OEM rubber, but riding home (being careful for the 1st 40odd miles) the Rosso's came into their own! What a difference! The bike feels so much more planted and soaks up bumps and crappy surfacing with ease. The bike feels much better turning in and mid corner is much more stable (it was awesome before, but now is on a whole new level). They have totally transformed the bike! If I knew there would be that much difference, I would have put the OEM Bridgestones straight in the bin!

Hopefully be out again tomorrow for further testing! :thumb:

·
Registered
254 Posts
On my third Rosso rear, and love them. Tried a Corsa II and while much sticker, it wasn't much different from the Rosso, and half the life span. So I went back to the Rosso's.

·
Registered
102 Posts
''Pirelli Diablo Rosso II''
Brilliant tyre! very good on track and just stunning on the road!
could knee down through most corners then hammer it out with no scary moments!
good choice :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts