Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after bouncing back and forth (and PMing HondaGalToo) I decided to buy a set of Diablos instead of the Diablo Corsas. I have an upcoming track-day and then after that, I'll probably be on the street for a couple of months before the next one. I want something that will give me a few more miles and the Corsas will probably wear faster than I'd like. My rear Sportec is just about done. I could probably ring out another 1000 miles on the street but I don't want to sacrifice any grip on the track so I replaced it.

I'll give some feedback as I go. I haven't read much on the site about the Diablos and it's damn-near impossible to get any feedback anywhere else because they're so new. I'm hoping these tires are a step up from the awesome Sportecs.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly, I don't have an exact mileage because I didn't note the odometer when I first installed them.  I can guess and say that I probably got between 2000-3000 miles tops.  The track-days really hammered them and I ride fairly hard on the street.  The front tire still has plenty of tread left - it's the back that is starting to go.  The center has almost no tread left and the sides have about 1mm left.

EDIT: The Sportecs are more than worth it though. They stick like glue and I had tons of confidence on them. Like I said, I could probably squeeze out another 1000 miles on the back but the fact that I started to lose confidence after all the heat-cycles they've gone through led me to order new tires.

·
Registered
435 Posts
The diablos are the best tires i've run so far. I thought the 010's were good. Very predictable and they really do boost your confidence. I recomend them 100%

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fusion929rr : Wow, it might be an optical illusion, but the rear tire on your avatar pic looks totally squared!  Its time for new tires!
Yeah, I honked up the dimensions when I loaded the picture so it is indeed an illusion. Here's the actual shot:

Turn 4

Cliff, I'm glad to hear that. You ran the Diablos and not the Diablo Corsas, right?

·
Registered
48 Posts
ER,
i saw you riding down 64/40 not to long ago (the leathers gave it away) i'm looking to taking up track riding but want to smooth my way into it do you know of any schools in the area or any tracks where i could practice?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RR:

I don't know of any schools around the area. Really, just sign up for the June 13th trackday at Gateway International over in Illinois. The Novice class is perfect for first time track riders. It's led by a couple of great guys who will show you the lines around the track. You will learn a ton by asking plenty of questions and by following their lead. If you get bored there you can always bump up to Intermediate.

Take a look and sign up!!

Midwest Rider

·
Registered
435 Posts
Steet only, and another 500 or so miles on them this weekend. I LOVE THESE TIRES!!! I thought the Bridgestones were good? Hell no, these tires are far better than anything I've ever had.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I put about 100 miles on mine over the weekend. So far I like them a lot. They're smoother than the Sportecs, meaning I get less vibration from them. Also, they tend to roll in a bit easier into the turns. I haven't had a chance to really push them yet so I can't comment on their grip.

They look really cool too...

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Do they heat up quicker than the BT010's?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
This sounds promising...

Now for the big question (drum roll please), how do they slide? Is it a Pilot all-or-nothing deal or is it a progressive loss of traction?

The Diablos and 010's look to be the same price on KneeDraggers.com so I will assume they are the same price at shops around here. Maybe I'll try them out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
ER,
Did you go with 180/55 or 190/50 rear? I have Diablo Corsas on the way with 180/55 rear. I have been running 180/55 rear at track and found it improves handling, leaning bike from left to right and back in rapid succession. I haven't tried the newer 190/55 designed for 6 inch wide rims...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts