Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode to the track on Friday and had to endure nasty rain on the way there. The Diablos just ate it up. I was probably doing anywhere from 45-65mph in rain so heavy that there was running water across the highway. While I noticed a little bit of sliding in some turns (which would be expected in those conditions) the tires plowed right through the water on the road while maintaining a straight line.

On the track, the Diablos were every bit as sticky as the Sportecs. I think they turn in a bit easier and they give a little more feedback than the Sportecs did. Despite the wet conditions, I was still able to really push it through a few of the turns and they were planted. The only place I slid at all was through draining water while turning.

I'll probably stick with these tires for a while. They give the same grip as the Sportecs and I like the look and feel of them a little better.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
These weren't the Diablo Corsas, right?  HGToo has the Diablo Corsas and she rode them in the rain in FL.  They worked great in the rain too, well, until the water got too deep.  I was riding behind her and they left a nice dry line.

Sounds like I need to try the Diablos too. Thanks for the good info ER!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These were the plain ol' Diablos. They really did feel just like the Sportecs with a little better turn-in and great handing in the rain.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Great news. I have a pair of Diablo Corsas in the mail somewhere. I will be using them at the track and hope they will do the job. I am replacing Rennsports with these. Since I am not too fast, I think they will work fine and not be as sensitive to heat cycling as a full race compound tire. If they make me nervous, I will switch back to Pirelli Super Corsas / Metzeler Rennsports.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is it just me, or has anyone noticed that there's more tire noise with the Pirelli's versus the Michelin's? I just put a set on (only about 70 miles on them so far) and the first thing I noticed was a slight hum.

Tom

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Sportecs are the same way as the Pirellis. The Pilots were a smooth, quiet tire. I'll trade noise for grip any day though...

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
What is the price difference? I was really impressed with the Sportecs for track day. What a difference between them and my old BT010s. I'll be ordering another M1 rear for now, but I'll keep these in mind.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
I haven't compared them pricewise to the Sportecs, but the Diablo Corsas are more than the Diablos. My impression is the the Diablos are similar in price to the Sportecs.
I love the Diablo Corsas

·
Registered
90 Posts
ER : The Sportecs are the same way as the Pirellis.  The Pilots were a smooth, quiet tire.  I'll trade noise for grip any day though...
Yeah, I'm with you there. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going batty or something. I was a little surprised at how much noisier they are. But the grip seems great so far. I'll really find out on the run down to Laguna Seca starting tomorrow morning!

Tom

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
tbeemer : Is it just me, or has anyone noticed that there's more tire noise with the Pirelli's versus the Michelin's?  I just put a set on (only about 70 miles on them so far) and the first thing I noticed was a slight hum.

Tom
Wow, I thought I was going crazy when I first heard that. Either that or my wheel bearings were going bad all of a sudden.

-Shrub

1 - 13 of 13 Posts