Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to that Action Motorsports (formerly Andrews Cycles) last night. They had one set of Pirelli Diablo Corsa's left, and the "deal" isn't really much of a deal. It was 260 for the set, which is much cheaper than any other set of tires from the dealer, however, about the same price I paid from ronayers.com last year. Also, they did not have a 190 rear like I wanted, but they did have a 180 wich I can use. I have heard that the 180 actually handles better, so I got it. The dude came down to 250 out the door, which saved me tax and what not. Not as good as I thought, but still pretty good.

They do have a special on Metzlers. Same price. $260, but I'm sure the dude will "wiggle" if you push a bit. The dude quoted a set of Dunlop 208's and it was close to $350 just for the tires. I almost called a doctor for the guy b/c he is obviously insane, or thinks I am.

Oh well. I'm running the Diablo's now and like them a lot. I've got about 5000 miles and 1 track school on them and I am hesitant to replace the front, and the back still has a bit left as well.

Side note: Is there a difference between the Diablo, and the Diablo Corsa? The tread pattern is the same, so if there is a difference I would expect it to be compound. Thanks!

HD

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
$260 for a set of Diablo Corsas is good. They've gone up in price quite a bit this year, at least at my dealer. I have to purchase them from the dealer otherwise spend a lot more to have them mounted. I forget the exact figure, but I think I was paying around $300-$325 for a set last year, and this year it'll be around $350-$360. Has something to do with all stuff from overseas having gone up.

Edit: That's a great price. The rear at Ron Ayers is a lot cheaper for some reason. He's charging about $158 for the 190/55. That same tire is $194 at kneedraggers and a bit over $200 at my dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts