Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No...not the type where food gets thrown. This is a video of a patron getting sucker punched while waiting for his pizza. May be NWS for language and brutality.

Seeing this really churns my stomach. Now I know why people want to carry guns.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Ughhh... that's pretty disturbing. I sure as shit hope someone's getting thrown in jail and sued for that. As a bystander, I would've at least called the cops and taken down as much info on the happy couple as possible...

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Red Rider said:
No...not the type where food gets thrown. This is a video of a patron getting sucker punched while waiting for his pizza. May be NWS for language and brutality.

Seeing this really churns my stomach. Now I know why people want to carry guns.
What I love is how all the "cattle" move out of the way and try to look uninterested. Obviously the clip doesn't answer many questions, but dayumm if somebody got in my face like that, he would be enjoying Jacksons finest cuisine for several years . . .

·
Registered
871 Posts
Heard about that one. Couldn't watch the video, i don't like getting pissed off anymore and that would do it :thumbd: Yeah your right , good excuse to carry a gun.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
When I first came to Detroit in 1972, I went out with the manager of the studio (I had just become an employee of) to a few bars around town on my first night there. At one bar on Woodward (long gone now), we were sitting at the bar watching a local group do a very good Traffic cover when someone walked up and asked the guy next to me what time it was. The "ambience" was pretty loud, so I'm not certain the fellow at the bar understood the question, but in true Detroit fashion, he pulled out a 6" Colt Python and proceeded to place 4 shots into the "askers" face without any hesitation whatsoever.

Interestingly, as I was moving as far and as fast as I could away from the incident (I had powder residue all over my face due to the proximity), the band never missed a beat and everyone just turned back to their drinks and conversation as if someone had just sung a round of "Happy Birthday".

I'll never forget my first night in Detroit . . . .

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
abtech said:
When I first came to Detroit in 1972, I went out with the manager of the studio (I had just become an employee of) to a few bars around town on my first night there. At one bar on Woodward (long gone now), we were sitting at the bar watching a local group do a very good Traffic cover when someone walked up and asked the guy next to me what time it was. The "ambience" was pretty loud, so I'm not certain the fellow at the bar understood the question, but in true Detroit fashion, he pulled out a 6" Colt Python and proceeded to place 4 shots into the "askers" face without any hesitation whatsoever.

Interestingly, as I was moving as far and as fast as I could away from the incident (I had powder residue all over my face due to the proximity), the band never missed a beat and everyone just turned back to their drinks and conversation as if someone had just sung a round of "Happy Birthday".

Ah "Murder City"

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
After the sucker punch, a gun wouldn't have done any good. The victim probably didn't even know where he was at that point.

As a bystander, draw a gun on the perp? To what effect? Possibly shooting a bystander? Getting pummeled and having your gun turned on you? Getting lucky and shooting the perp dead, only to spend a small fortune defending yourself in court?

In such close quarters, I would think significant martial arts experience (for a quick takedown) and/or some LTL tool such as a taser would be the only real options for anyone wanting to actively intervene.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
"Pizza parlor assailant gets four years Man hit stranger repeatedly inside Da Vincis in Akron By Phil Trexler Beacon Journal staff writer He never got his pizza, just a broken nose. And a concussion. And a chipped tooth. All because someone cut in front of him while he waited in line. On Wednesday, his assailant got his: four years in prison. In less than an hour, jurors found Mark Jones, 35, of Akron guilty of felonious assault for delivering a startling beating vividly captured on videotape. The beating took place while several male customers stood watching and waiting for food. The images of the beating were shown to jurors, causing gasps in the courtroom. Some female jurors covered their mouths while watching Jones pummel his defenseless victim. ``That tape is so horrifying, it haunted me, assistant Summit County prosecutor Holly Reese said after the verdict. ``I cant imagine the impact on people not in this line of work who are seeing it for the first time. It all started last July 31 when Joseph Scarpino, 28, was waiting in a crowded line at the DaVincis Pizza on South Main Street in downtown Akron. At about 2:30 a.m., Jones girlfriend, Prestina Sims, walked in and marched to the front of the line. Scarpino mumbled something into his cell phone, telling his fiancee that their pizza may now take a little longer. The comment infuriated Sims, who confronted Scarpino. The shop surveillance tape shows Scarpino trying to ignore Sims as she calls him every name in the book. When a manager tried to intervene and ask Sims to leave, she greeted him with a spit of saliva. Sims, 31, then went outside and came back with Jones, a hulking 6-foot-4, 295-pound ex-con. She flicked Scarpinos cheek and told Jones: ``Take care of this white mother (expletive), the victim told jurors. Jones then cold-cocked Scarpino repeatedly, landing at least seven uninterrupted blows. Scarpino went down, but the fight wasnt over. Jones lifted and dragged his body, searching for a cell phone he dropped. The tape shows several men waiting in the pizza parlor, all of whom failed to stop the fight or aid Scarpino. One man remained at the counter, handling his money as he waited for pizza. In minutes, police arrived after the manager called 911 and Jones and Sims were arrested outside. Scarpino was treated at Akron General Hospital for his injuries. ``I felt like I was hit by a truck, Scarpino testified. Defense attorney Annette Powers tried to downplay the beating in an effort to have Jones convicted of a lesser offense of assault. She pointed out that Scarpinos injuries did not require stitches or prescription pain medicine. Powers also said that Scarpino made a racial remark about Sims as she cut in line, a move that spurred the argument. No other witnesses supported Sims claim. Jones took the stand and told the jury he was acting in defense of Sims, who he felt was about to be struck by Scarpino, who is 6-foot-2 and weighs 220 pounds. Sims is also charged with felonious assault. She is to go on trial March 16."

·
Registered
356 Posts
Perfect example of what to expect in a self defense situation. You can never count on help and most people will just stand around like that while someone gets killed. You must be able to defend yourself.

That piece of shit should be thrown feet first into a wood chipper.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
TCD said:
Perfect example of what to expect in a self defense situation. You can never count on help and most people will just stand around like that while someone gets killed. You must be able to defend yourself.

That piece of shit should be thrown feet first into a wood chipper.
After reading the full story I have to agree with your wood chipper thought!! This guy is a worthless piece of shit.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
abtech said:

That pretty much typifies Detroit, only today it's that much worse.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Red Rider said:
True, but that guy was coldcocked and never expected it...
The guy had no chance...he didn't even see it coming.
Mark Jones is a scumbag. Hope he never makes it out of jail.
And Prestina is a crack hoe...I'm sure of it. :)

·
Registered
690 Posts
That is why expect anything and be prepared... He never saw it coming is true, but he should have prepared for it. Hang up the phone... Ask the shop manager to call 911, get between a chair a table and the person confronting you.

Here is an example of this: I was driving to my wife's birthing class to meet her there. A man cut two lanes of traffic to turn right at the intersection in front of me. I flashed my brights to say you are about to hit me. I proceeded on and I look back and he is following me. I took a tour of the area with him following. Called the cops, cops told me to do what I needed to do until they got there, pulled in to a parking lot with a lot of people. Got out of my car, but stood behind my door. Informed him, the police were on the way and that he should think twice about what he might do. Came up on me and started to cuss at me .... called me a fat ass (I got a little pissed) so I kind of aggrevated it by telling him, I banged his wife and asked him if he ever noticed she moans a lot taking it in the butt. He got mad and I warned him that I would defend myself. He saw the cop come in the lot with the mars bars going, jumped in his car and drove off. The cop followed him.... arrested him for assault and threatening an officer....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts