Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have our hotel for the Superbike Races. Any plans by anyone this year? How about another get together this year like last year at Cannery Row.

Is Dan going to have another open house??
Fig

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Dates for us calender'ly challenged? Do they have camping/rv slots/hookups? Are you going to offer rides on your bike to strangers again?

Mike

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
July 11-13th..

You planning on going? Maybe we could arrange for a little ride up.
Fig

·
Registered
224 Posts
I was hoping to go, but I have new house issues in my face, and when and how they are going to be resolved is anybodys guess.  

·
Registered
170 Posts
I am defiantly going. Would be into camping, I have a tent trailer that sleeps 4. Or I am in Santa Cruz with a 4 bedroom house. 45 min to Laguna. Let me know.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
G-Force Junkie : Are you going to offer rides on your bike to strangers again?

Mike
Mike,
Thanks for bringing that out in the open.. At least I was on his bike so it wouldn't have been a total loss.

As far as camping hookups, I don't think they do. They have camping spots, and as far as I can tell it's first come first served, and pretty unorganized. I got a hotel that's about 8 miles from the track (as opposed to 50 last year) and about 3 from Cannery Row. I used a service to find a room - ResortToMe 800-757-5646. Our room is about $180/night, but hell, it will be worth it.
Fig

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Fig : Quote (G-Force Junkie @ June 05 2003, 10:21pm)Are you going to offer rides on your bike to strangers again?

Mike
Mike,
  Thanks for bringing that out in the open.. At least I was on his bike so it wouldn't have been a total loss.

As far as camping hookups, I don't think they do. They have camping spots, and as far as I can tell it's first come first served, and pretty unorganized. I got a hotel that's about 8 miles from the track (as opposed to 50 last year) and about 3 from Cannery Row. I used a service to find a room - ResortToMe 800-757-5646. Our room is about $180/night, but hell, it will be worth it.
Fig
They have premium camping with pads and hookups BUT you need to jump on that stuff early and it's NOT cheap (hotel would be competitive).

Our crew has standing reservations at the Embasy Suites.. so just look for few bikes parked outside.. that's our crew.

Let's figure out a place to meet down there?  I now of a Honda gathering on Cannery Row Friday night.. perhaps we can hang there.  For those interested, I can ping the ogranizer and see if we can reserver more tables.

EDIT:
Adding the camping info:
Seca Camping Info - Main Page

CHAPARRAL - Premier Sites 1 - 82. ELECTRICAL and WATER HOOKUPS. The Chaparral Campground contains 72 Premier sites located just outside of Turn 5.
CAN-AM CIRCLE - Premier Sites 83 - 103. ELECTRICAL and WATER HOOKUPS. Can-Am Circle is the smallest of the four campgrounds at Laguna Seca. It contains 21 Premier sites, and is located just outside Turn 5

The remaining are what are typically catagorized as 'primative'.

EDIT2:
Premier Camping - 4 Nights (Wed-Sat)  Premier Camping - 4 Nights (Wed-Sat) Reserved area, hook-up and/or trackview  SOLD OUT

Priority Camping - 4 Nights (Wed-Sat) Turn 11 Area (Automobile or Motorcycle) Limited Space Available Priority Camping - 4 Nights (Wed-Sat) Turn 11 Area (Automobile or Motorcycle) Open/Unimproved Area First Come/First Serve $ 120.00

Reserved Camping - 4 Nights (Wed-Sat)  Reserved Camping - 4 Nights (Wed-Sat) Reserved area non-hook-up  SOLD OUT

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
I'm flying out there on Wednesday (7/9) and will be there for the duration.  Woo hoo!  

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'll be there at least on Saturday. We've got a motel room in Gilroy. I'd like to see the scene at Canery row this year.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
I'll check into it. If its reasonable, and available, I am thinking about taking my trailer up there for the weekend, and haul the 929. I'll see whe I can find out monday.

Mike

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Trailer to Seca!?!?!??! Why? There are some pretty decent roads between SoCan and Monterey, no?

The only thing I'd trailer to Seca would be a Hardley.. but then, that's me.

Either way.. trailer, plane, Chinese Junk... the circus around the track is pretty entertaining.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
G-Force Junkie : Caus I'm not paying $180 a night for a hotel!  I wont pay that in Vegas, let along BFE Nor Cal!
Well, I guess I can understand that. Not much of anything worth that much money in Nor Cal huh?

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Ya, It seems pretty excessive. Superslabing it for 5 or so hours then paying $180 a night doesnt seem like much fun. Now cruising up the coast at my leisure, with the 929 poised and ready for quick jaunts followed by a weekend of racing, sounds like good use of vacation time

·
Registered
170 Posts
Does anyone have a opinion on what the best ticket package is?

Also I am not camping but commuting. If any one wants to stay in Santa Cruz Mnts. I have a four bedroom house. Beds and couches for 6. About 45 min to track. Some nice back roads for people on bikes.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Did I kill this thread? Is there giong to be a meeting. Are you guys keeping it a secret form me?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
mmeacham : Does anyone have a opinion on what the best ticket package is?

Also I am not camping but commuting. If any one wants to stay in Santa Cruz Mnts. I have a four bedroom house.  Beds and couches for 6. About 45 min to track. Some nice back roads for people on bikes.
Oh man... that does sound tempting. SC is only about 45/60 min. north (depending on where I guess). Hm..

Right now we are looking at $350 a head for the weekend to stay down there. Hm... saving that money would mean I could buy some cool stuff at the track instead of a flop-pad... hm. Being close to the row is really nice but.. crap.. Now I'm all confused..

Hell, those azzholes at SCRAMP still have not sent me my tickets yet either!!! What a bunch of losers.. no wonder MotoGP left...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts