Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy one. Anyone have any advice/suggestions? Because of the price, I'm probably looking used, maybe Ebay? I'd probably never cut anything over 3/8', Any tips on using one? Thanks in advance for your input folks.

J

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
You probably already know this, and maybe already have one...but you'll need an air compressor.....

There are a couple of machines that have 'onboard' air...but most of them require an external hookup.

Not too many tips for using one, they are simple and fun to operate.....unlike oxy rigs, you can be fairly proficient in just a few minutes with a plasma. When buying used, make sure that consumables (nozzles, drag tips etc) are still available for your unit....

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've got a hypertherm 600. 3/8 cap 1/2 pierce with stitch. It's a good machine, I had a problem with the valve in the gun. They replaced it for free. Consumables are easy to get, but not cheap. I cut alot of heavy steel and alum. so my next one will be the Hypertherm 1100. If you get one, a Lyman filter is a must IMO. I have considered selling mine for the bigger model, if your interested let me know. I have the filter, and probably 10 sets of tips. Or if you need any info, I'd be glad to help.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bacchus : Hey fumb, gearin' up for that do-it-yourself vasectomy, eh?  
Baccturdus You're the only pr1ck I wanna cut...and all I'll need is an old, dull, rusty pocketknife...or a rusty tin can lid...

For those of you that had valid input to offer, thank you.

J

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bacchus : Jeez, didn't mean to get your panties in a wad!  
Bacchus, please note the big grinning smiley at the end of my post...I was only kidding...no wadded panties here...how did you know I wear panties anyways...I still love you...in fact, I wanna hug you right now...hug you so tight...and tighter...and TIGHTER...until you just stop moving...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts