Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi lads having major issues with my 954 ,the bike will not start in the mornings after being stood over night in cool garage yet when temp rises around 2pm onwards the bike starts no problem. I've read dozens of threads and done loads of connection checks on the bike put on a new battery and plugs are virtually new. Checked angle sensor, ht leads etc . Wrapped the bike in covers, really scratching my head now. There are also no error codes identifying . The bike turns on fuel pump comes on bike starts to crank, won't fire, spark?. Could it be anything to do with wax idle unit..?:confused: stripped kill switch and cleaned.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Hi lads having major issues with my 954 ,the bike will not start in the mornings after being stood over night in cool garage yet when temp rises around 2pm onwards the bike starts no problem. I've read dozens of threads and done loads of connection checks on the bike put on a new battery and plugs are virtually new. Checked angle sensor, ht leads etc . Wrapped the bike in covers, really scratching my head now. There are also no error codes identifying . The bike turns on fuel pump comes on bike starts to crank, won't fire, spark?. Could it be anything to do with wax idle unit..?:confused: stripped kill switch and cleaned.
I had a car, 2001 Honda Civic. It used to do the same thing for months. It would not start cold early mornings and when the day warmed up it would start with no problems. The problem ended up being water in the fuel system. After it was cleaned out, car started with no problems, cold or warm.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts

You do have a manual?
Are the coolant hoses routed through the wax unit?
Prop the tank up, reach the wax unit and manually pull the starter valves open, and press the starter button to see if they're the problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replies. Might empty out all fuel from tank and fill with fresh won't hurt. Yes mate I do have manual and I do think the hoses run through the unit, had a play with the idle last night no joy this morning, I'll try manually like you suggest soon as possible. Went for ride the other evening to see how the bike was running. mechanically sound but for some reason the speedo wasn't working just sat at zero same the distance counter. Wondering if ECU maybe .:idunno:

Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Thanks for replies. Might empty out all fuel from tank and fill with fresh won't hurt. Yes mate I do have manual and I do think the hoses run through the unit, had a play with the idle last night no joy this morning, I'll try manually like you suggest soon as possible. Went for ride the other evening to see how the bike was running. mechanically sound but for some reason the speedo wasn't working just sat at zero same the distance counter. Wondering if ECU maybe .:idunno:

Thanks again

Is the charging system working?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes mate charging system is working. ,last night disconnected air temp sensor from back of air box housing and got the nine flashes , switched off and went to bed . Woke this morning same cold as last three weeks , pressed start switch and the bike sparked idled for two or three seconds and died did this about three times then reconnected the sensor banged the idle up to around 2000 rpm and BINGO away I went. First time in three week in an early cold ish morning. Will repeat tonight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts