Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:idunno: ok here is the problem i just put my 929 back togehter after wrecking it ... once all back togehter and running the problems started ... it had all kinda FI warning lights going off, running hot, running way to rich, idleing way to high and a few other small problems. I sent to a mechanic and 700 dollars later she purrs like a kitten.. The huge problem now it still runs a lil warm but most of all when i let her rip and the rpms climb to around 6 or 7000 my red warning light start blinking really fast and the higher the rpms the faster it blinks till it is almost solid red ... the worst part the bike just stops rulling .. i mean my wife on her 01' r6 could blow my fairing off ..it just almost stops gaining speed .... please if anyone could help me that would be great

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the problem it does not blink in a code ... like normal if its fuel injection the symbol FI will show and it will blink a code. but nothing shows ... when i get to about six grand it starts to blink so fast it is almost a solid red light

·
Registered
361 Posts
definitely a electronic or electrical fault. recheck all your wiring connections espaecially the high voltage circuit around your plugs and coils.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yep, I'd say the computer thinks everything is normal and then when it tries to open the htev the computer finally notices something is wrong and starts signaling you. plus you can't get the exh and intake flow you need and are beaten by an r6.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the bike doesnt have the htev anymore ... i am thinking it is a faulty ECU.... all connections around the plugs and coils are good ... i am truly puzzeled on this one ...........

·
Registered
361 Posts
look, try and retrace. you state that this prob. only came up after the crash, so there lies your prob. somewhere hile putting things together, some mishap occurred. unlike life, bikes are all about science and logic. it's not a mystical thing. if it's broke, it can be fixed. good luck. btw, unless your ecu took a directbhit or was shorted, they are unlikely to be the culprit. it's way too expensive also if you not sure.

·
Registered
291 Posts
have you actually jumped out the plug and read the mil light? the fault code doesn't just appear you have to pull it out. shoot me a PM and I will send you the part of the service manual that deals with this

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
If you have previously sent it to a mech and havent touched anything since you got it back, i suggest that you take it back to the mech. For that 700, everything should have been worked out and if not, well then he should have noticed it on the test ride.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i took it back to the mechanic today and told him he didnt fix everything. so hopefully this time the guy will do the job right ... so we will see ... i will let yall know how it turns out .... thanks for your help so far

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
up date on bike problems.... took it mechanic and he is saying all kinds of crazy stuff and wants more money ... he said the power commander is why i am running a lil hot .. and i have been running that map for 2 years with out a prob. so i am pulling the bike out of the shop and back to doing it myself i guess .... do anyone know how to tell if something in the ecu is bad ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no map is still there ... he just the map is made for racing and not riding which i know ... it is not running lean ... so i dont see how it could run hot ...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a 2001 929, and on cool days it runs around 180 degrees and on hot days, it runs about 220 degrees...if your bike is in that range, it's not running hot. Also, if it's lean, it will have surge problems while you're trying to run at constant speeds, and it will pop a lot during deceleration

·
Registered
291 Posts
the easy way to find out if your ecu is good or bad is to swap it with one from a bike you know is running properly. One more thing before that, try unplugging and plugging back the connectors to your ECU. I have seen connectors that get jarred like that stop making good contact. I'm not saying it is definitely this, but it could be an easy fix. Another thing, when the bike stops making power, does it start skipping or anything?

where do you store your bike? it could have a nest in the exhaust, which would cause this type of restriction. If your exhaust is restricted, it will cause power loss at mid to high RPM and overheating.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bike is kept in garage ... and exhaust flows freely ..... yes when the bike stops making power it starts skipping or sputtering real bad along with that red warning light blinking really fast too ..... oo and i have disconnected the pc111 and that didnt help a bit ....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok update on bike problem .. i have chosen to take it to a differant mech. do have a question thought ... since i had to change motors after the crash ... would that effect the ecu any? both are still 929rr motors .. i am just wonder if the ecu is like suppose to go with that motor

1 - 20 of 27 Posts