Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a hyperpro damper but it has a 929rr bracket, and I have a 954rr so is that bracket going to fit 954rr? or not? what can i do? also is $240 for damper and bracket a good deal or should i get a different damper? and also is gpr or scotts better then this one? Thank you!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I found a hyperpro damper but it has a 929rr bracket, and I have a 954rr so is that bracket going to fit 954rr? or not? what can i do? also is $240 for damper and bracket a good deal or should i get a different damper? and also is gpr or scotts better then this one? Thank you!
The hyperpro should mount to the steering head. 929 & 954 upper tripple are the same, so it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Hyperpros are pretty cheap dampers and surely do the job just fine.

Unless you really have shakes, you can save that money!

I had one this season and the bike feels much better without it. Of course, to each their own!

·
Registered
737 Posts
I've tried GPR and Scotts .... I prefer the Scotts and still use it now. World of difference.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
I had a scotts that worked good then fell apart on my gsxr600 racebike, then bought a cheap Sprint damper that worked amazing and lasted me about 4 years on 3 different bikes(same damper with different mounting hardware), and I still have the damper. I have had a GPR now for about a year and I love it, probably the best so far.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i have the HP csc damper on my 929 and it works great....it actualy transformed my ride to a much safer one...no more headshakes! I would say get it 100%

1 - 16 of 16 Posts