Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help if u can. im on a deals gap vacation and i was oiling my chain and figured out my clutch never disengages. On the stand, i pulled the clutch in and as soon as i shifted to first then the wheel immediately started spinning fairly fast. I tried adjusting both adjusters and nothing. what could be the problem? Thanks alot for the quick responses. I will even pay someone $5 through paypal for the answer for the fix. THANKS AGAIN!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
your still gonna have some risidual clutch pull even with the lever pulled in with the bike off the stand you wouldn't notice, but on a stand you will have spin....try putting it in first on the stand and running and engage the rear brake peddle, if the engine dies then you truely have a problem, if not...your gravy.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Please help if u can. im on a deals gap vacation and i was oiling my chain and figured out my clutch never disengages. On the stand, i pulled the clutch in and as soon as i shifted to first then the wheel immediately started spinning fairly fast. I tried adjusting both adjusters and nothing. what could be the problem? Thanks alot for the quick responses. I will even pay someone $5 through paypal for the answer for the fix. THANKS AGAIN!
When the oil warms up the rear wheel should stop spinning.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Take the clutch plates out and clean them, they sometimes stick together when the bike has been standing for a bit.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Take the clutch plates out and clean them, they sometimes stick together when the bike has been standing for a bit.
Rocking the bike back and forth should be sufficient to loosen it up.
It also reduces that horrendous clunk into first gear on cold mornings.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Lol... that freaked me out too when I first experienced it. Never quite understood if it was the plates that still had some friction or if it was the oil transfering momentum between the plates

·
Registered
35 Posts
. I will even pay someone $5 through paypal for the answer for the fix. THANKS AGAIN!
Hmmm...$5? Are you sure that's all you can afford? I can help you out - but my rates start at $10. So I guess you're gonna have to ante up my friend! Or else put up with a never disengaging clutch...which is it to be...??:eyebrows:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts