Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Oh my goodness! I need that bike!!!!! I wonder if my 4 yr. old could ride that.. hm..... (ponder ponder).

I wonder what the reserve is on it. I never understood the reserve auction mentality. Just start the freaking bidding out at your starting price and be done with it. I think the theory a bidding war will enure and far exceed the hidden price is just not that viable any more... people don't have as much money to juts burn.

Hell, I could be wrong.. (2 more posts to go to maintain my daily average)

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
That does look good indeedy.
Problem is, it's on a Blata. Blatas are piles of junk. I was fully planning on painting a pocketbike up like that. My friend is a pocketbike dealer - Mountain West Pocketbikes - I can ride his demos whenever so I have put off a purchase, but I will be buying a DM or GRC for myself soon. I guess I won't be the only one with that basic paint scheme.
And a 4 year old can definitely ride one. You'll just want to adjust the clutch plates to slow it down. The GRC demo I like to ride will carry me over 50 MPH.
You can pick up a good one for a four year old for just under a grand and hop it up as you go.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Ah, so who makes the good ones? I know there are a bunch of different HP rading. Pollen (sp?) make them too, don't they?? I really know nothing about them but I'd like to learn.

·
Registered
497 Posts
'Engine: Medium (500-699cc)'
Of course I don't know much about pocket bikes so maybe I'm full of

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Oh no, there will be a mini me.
Holeshot - I just noticed hiw webserver was down, so I rebooted it. You can check out his stuff now. For a child, you will want to go with a 'mini' frame. The difference between the mini and midi frames being that the midi is slightly larger to accomodate us 'big kids'. The Polini 910 Carena with the 4.2 horse engine would be the way to go. The beauty of the Polini engine is that you can soup it up as you go. In fact, it is actually cheaper in the long run to buy the 4.2 and build it up to 10 horsies. Why, I don't know.
If anyone here is serious about a pocketbike or accesories, Mike (my pal) will give a discount. I think he told me 15% last time I asked.
If you want to become addicted to pocketbikes, get a DM Midi or GRC RSR. The things flat out fly, even with a 200 pounder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts