Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, only one point seperates these two...Nicky better wake up...Edwards is going to pass him on Sunday in points...

Current Standings...

·
Registered
57 Posts
If Collin was on Nicky's bike he would be a lot closer to the front. I think Nicky's doing great so far and he will do better the last half of the season.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
never2old : If Collin was on Nicky's bike he would be a lot closer to the front.
I doubt it.....I think there is a rule against 2-up riding in MotoGP.....

Just kidding....welcome...

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
How much of a difference can there be between rossi and the other top dogs and hayden? what advantage do they have on hayden and edwards?

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
stegen : How much of a difference can there be between rossi and the other top dogs and hayden? what advantage do they have on hayden and edwards?
None of us are close enough to ever understand. And don't believe everything you read in the media.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
stegen : How much of a difference can there be between rossi and the other top dogs and hayden? what advantage do they have on hayden and edwards?
Same advantage that Michael Jordan had over his peers in his prime, he had a definite talent advantage and the will to go with it. Rossi is on the same path.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
The only thing that sucks is we never get to see them on the track. Granted, they don't deserve any air time right now, but I was hoping to watch Nickey's progress. I'm not sure he made the right move for himself. He was the #1 marketable racer in America and now he's fallen into obscurity.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I have to agree with Nedro. Nicky was a big name over here, over there he's a novelty at best.

I hope he does well tho, we need tighter racing and a real challenge to Rossi's seemingly Superman feats.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I think Nicky's in the right place. He'll take a year or two to get up to speed...just like he did in AMA SB. A few years ago everyone was saying 'maybe he's not SB material after all'.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
dB : I think Nicky's in the right place. He'll take a year or two to get up to speed...just like he did in AMA SB. A few years ago everyone was saying 'maybe he's not SB material after all'.
This is different though. Until Capirossi, Rossi, Gibernau, Biattchi leave (Bayliss as well), it's just not going to happen. If he does starting running up front, it will be years, and some people are going to have to leave GP first, IE retire.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Cliff : Nicky sucks!!  Arrogant fuitcake.  Look at hopkins give him credit.
Ding ding ding....we have a winner for the most sarcastic post of the day..... [salute]

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I watch their riding as often as I can and it is apparent to me that some of the riders have natural skill while others work really damn hard to be where they are.

I guess that goes for anything, you look at some of the greats Gretzky, Jordan, Ali... they all had a natural ability to flow within their sport. Rossi is the same way. He is the smoothest rider on the course, and while everyone else is fighting and hustling their machines through the corners and down the straights, Rossi is flowing with his bike as if it was an extension of himself.

Now... I look at some of the other greats. Biaggi, Capirossi and Bayliss, I see them working their asses off to get to the top. They are all terrific riders with good skill and finesse but there is a definite difference between their riding and Rossi. They ride the bike. They work with the bike. But the bike is still a separate tool.

Nicky has the flow. Like Rossi, he is part of the machine. However, I don't think he has as much of it as Rossi does, and for that reason, Nicky will probably move up the order but I don't think he'll be on top. A few races? Sure. Maybe even a season. But he'll never take Rossi's place on top of the world.

I guess what I am saying is that there are two types of riders. Even though sometimes the lines get blurred, there are still two types. Those that use themselves and the bike as one tool and those that use the bike and themselves as two tools. Rossi, Hayden, the bostroms all belong in category one. Biaggi, Capirossi, Edwards, Roberts Jr.'s, all belong in category two. Not saying one is better than the other but I think category has an advantage.

You can raies the BS flag now if you like but it is only one persons opinion.

Come to think of it, that theory applies to many things in life. Musicians, craftsman, athletes...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts