Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I want to polish the fairings on my CBR 919 and Im looking for a product that can restore the paint and give it a nice glossy look but because its plastic I dont want to use the regular polishes you can find on the market. Any ideas?
Cheers Flo

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I use autogym polish then followed by the autogym resin protector. Plastic doesn't mattericky they are painted after all same as normal. I find with the protector coat I hardly pick up any stone chips at all! Ride fast too and am allways following 90% of the time too, amazing how much crap those sticky tyres throw up!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I agree with lambchops in relation to autoglym thats what i use. Mer is a very good product for cleaning, rejuvenating and polishing paintwork working a bit like t-cut without the abrasive qualities.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Plexus. It's AMAZING on fairings.

:plus1:This is what all my local dealers, new and used bikes, seem to use on their inventory. I've tried it and it works great, can be used safely on helmets and windscreens too. Like Lambchops said, you can use automotive products, I would just avoid the ones with cleaners / abrasives, bikes shouldn't need it. I use Meguire's spray wax, I'm cheap and the large bottle lasts forever, unless I decide to use it on the cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts