Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ok I have all winter to do my frame polishing project, obviously this will include my swing arm, but for my rear sets and other non big part item they will be left alone. Will the poslishing of my frame increase my value of my bike. Im thinking about getting a 954 later on soo I might sell the 929. Give me your opinions.

p.s. how much could I sell it if I ever do sell the 929 with a polish frame and a jardine can?

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Short answer? No.
You will cut potential buyers in half by polishing the frame.
You may get a select few that would purchase your bike over another because of the bling, but it won't increase value.

·
Registered
397 Posts
MarkN929RR : Well ok I have all winter to do my frame polishing project, obviously this will include my swing arm, but for my rear sets and other non big part item they will be left alone. Will the poslishing of my frame increase my value of my bike. Im thinking about getting a 954 later on soo I might sell the 929. Give me your opinions.

p.s. how much could I sell it if I ever do sell the 929 with a polish frame and a jardine can?
Dont do it!!!!!

I just got done, the amount of work is not worth it. Those jack asses that say it is not hard work are full of sh!t.

just my $.02

·
Registered
120 Posts
I don't like the bling, personally, but around here i've seen polished and chrome stuff to be a big selling point. Mostly newbies like it.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
It's personal taste. Don't count on your taste matching anyone elses. However, some people may not like the stock finish (I think that's why so many bikes are coming with painted frames). I like a polished frame, and it makes visual inspection much easier when checking for a stress crack or ding.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
With the exception of race bikes, I personally think polished frames are pretty much the domain of the...

For a road-going motorcycle? No thanks.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Chain : With the exception of the R1, I personally think Yamahas are pretty much the domain of the...

To each their own.  Good luck if you decide to pursue it...looks like a lot of work.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Don't do it!!
I'm still working on mine!!
7 months now. But, I have no hard winters here
I ride all year long!

·
Registered
576 Posts
BDA116 : Short answer? No.
You will cut potential buyers in half by polishing the frame.
You may get a select few that would purchase your bike over another because of the bling, but it won't increase value.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
vma : Polished is sooo tacky!
Chocolate and vanilla . . . Racebikes look great with polished frames. Chromed out sportbikes do look a bit over the top, but that isn't the same as a polished frame.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
abtech : Quote (vma @ Nov. 10 2003, 5:17am)Polished is sooo tacky!
Chocolate and vanilla . . .  Racebikes look great with polished frames.  Chromed out sportbikes do look a bit over the top, but that isn't the same as a polished frame.
You mean 'polished' a la Honda's Nicky Hayden replica RC-51?

Yea, that looks good, but not what I would call polished.

HD

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Nope, that would be brushed. Polished is like wheels on a new Peterbuilt. You should have seen the RC30s that Honda Canada used to run, they were gorgeous without looking gaudy.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Chain : With the exception of race bikes, I personally think polished frames are pretty much the domain of the...

Why? What's the difference?

I like polished frames on SOME bikes...but I would say it hurts value more than hurts it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok I totally should have said this in the begining, my bike has road rash on the frame, its like if the insurance company saw this they would have a heart attack! so thats why Im doing im thinking about it. I didnt crash it myself but one of the previous owner did it. So just to get rid of the reminding scar I thought I would polish it out.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts