Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I know some of you have some pretty elaborate setups for the track as far as trailers and equipment goes.

I was just wondering if anyone has any good sugestions as far as a high quality but compact air compressors go? (mainly for adjusting tyre presures)

I have limited space as I pack everything into my ute.

I have been considering a small type of compressor usually used for air ride suspension systems, Unless anyone knows of something else that may fit the bill?

::: Welcome to Air-Zenith :::

Attachments

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
I use a standard size air compressor, but if you are looking at a smaller size some people use a compressor that uses a cicarette plug and has no tank. A little slow but effective.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Instead of a compressor, I just take a portable air tank. I fill it all the way up at home with my big compressor, and it's more than enough air for a track weekend should I need to adjust pressures.
Ditto... :plus1:

Plus if you do have one of those compact 12V auto types with a locking Schrader valve, then you can refill the tank anytime, and speed is not an issue.... :twocents:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
:plus1: And you don't really need a compressor at home or a little one. Gas stations still have pumps (might cost in some) and the tracks always have a hose somewhere. Just fill it and go. I have an 8 gallon one that I got when racing cars, worked fine then, and is overkill with the bikes.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Yeah, air pigs are convenient.

I just use a cheapie plastic bicycle pump I have laying around to fill up the Schrader valve tires on cruiserbikes though.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Craftsman 75116 12 volt Air Compressor/Inflator, Rechargeable/Cordless at Sears.com

You have Sears stores there? This is about $40 US. It has a rechargeable battery, so you don't have to be within range of a car output. Not to mention a totally unreliable gauge!

I had one for about 5 years and dropped it. When I replaced it wth the sasme model I disassembled the old one and adapted the very compact compressor for road trips on my VFR - it runs off my heated vest output, and fits easily in my tank bag.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
I got one from Slime that is kind of cool has a zillion adapters to hook into stuff. Have not tried it yet as I also have an air tank that I take to the track (will need a tank for seating tires if I change at the track)

·
Registered
60 Posts
that one you linked looks a little dinky.... like it would break rather fast.

however, I would trust anything made by craftsman, their hand tools especially, I get a new breaker bar about once a month, no questions ask( you break it, they replace it!)

+1 on the air tank for sure, those flat out rock, I recomend getting the bigest one you can carry around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts