Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the top of the airbox off when I was replacing the spark plugs and noticed that there was some oil residue inside. From the pattern it made in there it looks like it came in from the rubber tube that comes from the engine into the airbox.. I'm assuming this is blow-by? Is there something I need to do, can I minimize this, etc.?
Thanks
-Ryan

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Took the top of the airbox off when I was replacing the spark plugs and noticed that there was some oil residue inside. From the pattern it made in there it looks like it came in from the rubber tube that comes from the engine into the airbox.. I'm assuming this is blow-by? Is there something I need to do, can I minimize this, etc.?
Thanks
-Ryan
It's not blow-by, it's normal crankcase pressure. Everytime a piston goes down it pressurises the crankcase. This pressure is vented to the airbox and the air coming in is saturated with oil.
It's normal to see some residue. Unless there's a lot of it it's fine.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Allrighty, I won't stress about it. Putting a new BMC filter in now that I got the power commander set up and wanted to be sure all was ok. Thanks guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts