Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

61 - 80 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
ok, so i checked the continuity on the ignition harness and it had power, i disconnected it to test continuity on the ignition itself, with the key in the on position and set my meter to low signal/power. it it did send signals to 2 of the 4 cables. but im not sure what it means. im assuming if there was a short there that i would not see any numbers pop up on the meter? and then i checked continuity on the stop/start switch, with my red probe on teh black red wire, only showed continuity to the white wire??

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
the alarm is spliced in to the White black wire which is letter D on the main fuse box. the main harness goes to teh tail lights, which i assume is were it gets its power?
That sounds about right to me matey,also a small video here for testing switches , although not motorbike but method the same, did you get any fob with the alarm?

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
the alarm is spliced in to the White black wire which is letter D on the main fuse box. the main harness goes to teh tail lights, which i assume is were it gets its power?
Hi looks like they spliced into the ignition White/black power wire , could be if the short is in the alarm when you switch on it blows the fuse:|

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
Good Morning,

i took out all of the alarm. then reconnected teh tail lights to the original plugs. now the tail light and turn signals dont work, but the break light does work.

as far and the stop/run switch, i took it completely apart. i took the actual switch red switch off to see what it would do, i turned teh key and it didnt pop the fuse, i reattached the red switch, i then turned the key and flipped the switch to run, the fuse popped. so did i dint the problem? lol

Still no clock or display
On that alarm kit the break light wasn't touched, only the indicator lights and the rear light, so with taking out the alarms connector to the rear the lights wont work:wink

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
That sounds about right to me matey,also a small video here for testing switches , although not motorbike but method the same, did you get any fob with the alarm?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0GVVdagByc
Again, thank you for all the help and linking the video. so if i removed the alarm and reconnected the wire directly it should be fine in theory? I did some test last night, but not sure if i did them correctly. Again, thank you for all your help!:laugh

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
On that alarm kit the break light wasn't touched, only the indicator lights and the rear light, so with taking out the alarms connector to the rear the lights wont work:wink

So some how i need to bypass this to get the lights to work again i assume? turn signals do work! and brake lights.

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
So some how i need to bypass this to get the lights to work again i assume? turn signals do work! and brake lights.
Hi , was reading about the i900 ,and it seems it has its own internal BAS, and different forums have said it shouldn't be connected to the Black/White wire from the fuse box, for the alarm to work it has to be laid flat so as not to operate the internal BAS, but anyway still cant help feeling it has something to do with the pgm-fi circuit and where the short is, here is the basic pattern of the pgm-fi circuit ,maybe keep this in mind when investigating

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
Have you tried taking out all of the fuses in the box from A to F but leaving in D (ignition fuse) and turn on ignition, if it doesn't blow, start putting the fuses back in and if it then blows it might narrow down the suspect, if it blows with just ignition fuse in you will know where to investigate:wink

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Have you tried taking out all of the fuses in the box from A to F but leaving in D (ignition fuse) and turn on ignition, if it doesn't blow, start putting the fuses back in and if it then blows it might narrow down the suspect, if it blows with just ignition fuse in you will know where to investigate:wink
Great Info, i will investigate when i get home from work today. Thanks BIll

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
well i peeled open the entire harness from the reg rec to ignition switch, i did not find any melted wires. i didnt check the ignition switch yet. starting to think its beyond me. i will keep lugging along.

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
well i peeled open the entire harness from the reg rec to ignition switch, i did not find any melted wires. i didnt check the ignition switch yet. starting to think its beyond me. i will keep lugging along.
Never say die matey, by the time you sorted this nothing will be beyond your ken, its there some where staring us in the face :smile

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
On the ignition side ,check the wires all the way down to the Starter Relay switch (Solenoid) and take that out to have a look at the wires around it, there's a lot of amps go through there to the starter motor, are any connectors touching ,melted:wink

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
On the ignition side ,check the wires all the way down to the Starter Relay switch (Solenoid) and take that out to have a look at the wires around it, there's a lot of amps go through there to the starter motor, are any connectors touching ,melted
When I get home from work today I will check the ignition relay and ignition switch.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Will have to look at that, always did before, any idea what I should be clicking in my user cp:|
In the CP -> Edit Options on the left-hand side which has the gear icon next to it.

First box will say "Login & Privacy"
The second box will say "Messaging & Notification"
In this box look for the "Private Messaging" box and within there make sure you have the checkbox selected for "Enable Private Messaging"

Or see the attached image.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
In the CP -> Edit Options on the left-hand side which has the gear icon next to it.

First box will say "Login & Privacy"
The second box will say "Messaging & Notification"
In this box look for the "Private Messaging" box and within there make sure you have the checkbox selected for "Enable Private Messaging"

Or see the attached image.
Thanks for that @lanbrown, looked at cp and boxes were ticked, wondered why I wasn't receiving messages, just thought I was Billy no mates, could you send me a private message to see if its done:crying

61 - 80 of 293 Posts