Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumb:well were coming up on a new riding season & again my bike has charging issues!! So i have read around, it seems to be the plug everyone has that burns up. The plug i believe goes from the battery to the regulator, the whole connection is melted together! since this happens could i jusy bypass the plugs & use simple wire connectors that clamp on each end. Or i should go out find the connector, connect wires 2 each part of the replacment connector. Which i believe would be the same thing just saving my self the wheres waldo search looking for another connector with both ends? any ideas or input, once again thanks for all the help!

By the way i just bought a 2001 929rr ill have pics of both bikes up soon!:eyebrows:

(re-posted in hopes of finding an answer!) thanks...

·
Registered
4 Posts
you could do it either way...My 02 R6 had the problem of burning up the rectifier plug...few female connectors lately, ran like a champ...

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Definitely bypass the plug with good heat shrink butt connectors. If you ever need to go back in there, just cut and do it over again. Be careful to do one wire at a time with a diagram and double check wire color before crimping. Making a mistake here can give you plenty of extra grief you don't need.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. i didnt want 2 make things worse, but my common sense was kicking in as far as finding a connector versus making 1!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts