Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with a unit from another bike( kawi ,etc ) that has a lower temp kick in ? or does Honda even make another lower temp one that will fit ? . I'd like for my fan to come on around 195-200 ,instead of 217 .Not really looking to add an additional another fan with a manual switch,would rather just swap out the temp sensor if possible .Anybody attemp this ? I know alot of people complain about how hot these bikes run so i figured maybe some one has done this mod already if it'as possible :hmm:

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
Sime has done this to a 929 radiator. Yes if you find the correct sensor you can do just that. or you can wire a toggle switch to the sensor, one wire to each terminal on the sensor. run the fan whenever you want so long as the ignition switch is on. I plan on doing this to my bike.

·
Registered
315 Posts
you should be able to take the sensor to a local shop and basically match it up with something else

·
Registered
902 Posts
If the higher temperatures isn't causing a problem, I'd leave it as is. The fan draws a lot of current from the charging system if your bike isn't at speed. Low voltage may cause ignition and starting issues...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts