Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Is so sad but I am actually thinking of selling my bike because of the sad state of our roads here in South Africa.A educated guess whould suggest that about 60% of the countries roads have potholes,that are usually not fixed sometimes for more than a year.I hardly ride my bike anymore because there are new holes appearing all the time,so you cant get fimiliar with where they are.Sad but true:( :crying:

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
Hi All,
Is so sad but I am actually thinking of selling my bike because of the sad state of our roads here in South Africa.A educated guess whould suggest that about 60% of the countries roads have potholes,that are usually not fixed sometimes for more than a year.I hardly ride my bike anymore because there are new holes appearing all the time,so you cant get fimiliar with where they are.Sad but true:( :crying:
I don't see the connection.
Potholes are just like all the other hazards you find every time you ride.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No blade you dont understand,I'm talking about 3 to 4 potholes per kilometer and new ones appearing everyday.When I say pothole I mean 1 meter OD and anything from 300mm to 500mm deap.Some country towns have only half the tar left on thier roads.A very large percentage off road deaths in South Africa are related to potholes.This problem is not my opinion,its a national crisis.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
Sounds pretty bad I guess but it wouldn't put me off riding.
I like gravel roads :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am sorry to hear about the potholes, that makes me sad. You can always go off roading, which is my favorite type of riding. If you need help finding good routes check out on my online map. Riders from around the world have been posting to it to help out the riding community. You can also post on them, check it out at allstate insurance route or allstate insurance map. I am an advocate for allstate and thus I am using their web pages for this project. Thanks

David Lipsky

·
Registered
330 Posts
get a Yam XTR660. This is what I did.
I am more & more difficulties not getting thrown off my RR8 on the roads in my county. Not only pothole but also severe buckling & ripples of the tarmac.
Other than riding my XT the only other solution I have is to ride slower constantly looking out for potholes and road ripples.
I have dropped the rear tyre pressure by 4 psi which has helped but I think ultimately I have to soften the suspension

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think he best would be to get a off road bike.The problem in SA is that the railway services have completely collapsed,and trucks are doing most off the transport in the country,on roads wich were not made for constant trucking,but never the less,off road is the way to go.
Cheers thanks guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.