Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
n.e.o. rider said:
i wanted something different so i went with a satin black finish on the can. hope you like.
Looks cool. Almost looks like a stock one (If you didn't know what the stock one looked like)

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I like it...but what's with the extra large screws? :huh:

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
nhfirefighter13 said:
I like it...but what's with the extra large screws? :huh:
:shocked: Damn, nice call, FF. No offense to the original poster, but replacement rivets would look better.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Chain said:
:shocked: Damn, nice call, FF. No offense to the original poster, but replacement rivets would look better.

You know...you should be better at the evidence gathering thing than a simple firefighter, Chain. :eyebrows: Didn't have your daily intake of donuts or sumthin? :smilebig:

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Ivo said:
How much did you spend? Maybe you could have saved and invested in an aftermarket can?
um, read the title again. should have done it the same red as your bike. :eyebrows: that would be nice. still looks good though

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ivo said:
How much did you spend? Maybe you could have saved and invested in an aftermarket can?
i didnt spend anything.. ;) i did it myself. it is an aftermarket. ive never seen a high mount stocker.

im not too thrilled with how the stainless screws look. its the neoprene washers underneath that make them look tall. but i do like the way the screws look instead of the cheap rivets. im thinking its got a studded dog collar look :evilaugh:

·
Registered
232 Posts
:thumb: I like it. I also like the rear foot peg brackets and the heel gaurds. I powdered coated that stuff black on my brothers 954 too, as well as the rear foot pegs and rear sets. The black makes the rear foot pegs and brackets just disapear. I'm planning on a Devil carbon high mount for my black/ti 954 and I'm thinking about doing the midpipe in a high temp black just to help it blend in with the rest of the bike.

I have to say you did a good job there, looks good!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you, i agree with the brakets. they dont stand out and give it a race look.

BigDaddyJ said:
:thumb: I like it. I also like the rear foot peg brackets and the heel gaurds. I powdered coated that stuff black on my brothers 954 too, as well as the rear foot pegs and rear sets. The black makes the rear foot pegs and brackets just disapear. I'm planning on a Devil carbon high mount for my black/ti 954 and I'm thinking about doing the midpipe in a high temp black just to help it blend in with the rest of the bike.

I have to say you did a good job there, looks good!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
showmethebombs said:
i like it! :) will that be ok with heat?
yes the outershell gets hot but not hot enough to hurt the coating. the standard coatings are safe to around 250-300 degrees. there are high temp coating good to 1000 for higher heat applications, but they dont have many options as far as colors and finishes.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Looks really good, although I have to agree with the others about useing rivets. How much would you charge to powder coat a set of wheels?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts