Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pastarocket just emailed me this. Was wondering if anyone else has one of these fenders, and what they think, especially when it comes to color match. They are only $105 for the 929, and they have that wrap around look that I think looks schweet! Here is the Link, it is through Streetfighters.

Powebronze Hugger

·
Registered
145 Posts
Most of PB's stuff comes at a good price but isn't the best fit/finish.

Jenn had a 2k1 SV650S. Got a set of PB lowers for her. Had to do a bunch of work with the mounts to get them to bolt on and, even then, they were never even (the gap between the lower and upper on the right side was more then 1/2 an inch larger then on the left side of the bike).

They do put a lot of extra 'play room' on the tabs and things, so that there isn't an obvious error, but it still stood out.

This looks like the 954 hugger they offer:

Look around the top of the swingarm. The large square tab on the hugger doesn't match up with the rounded part of the bracing.

This could be a nice hugger but you're gonna have to do some work. And, like most PB huggers, it's rather bulky looking, not sleek.

PB is a good company, and do work well with their customers. As I said, I've dealt with them a few times, mostly for SV parts and such, and have nothing but good things to say about their customer service. That said, the plastic it self needs some work to look perfect once on the bike.

·
Registered
145 Posts
BTW, this is the Hotbodies hugger for the 929.  It costs a bit more ($170 paint matched) but it looks a lot cleaner:

And next is the Pyramid Hugger over on David Corks site.  $135 in black and, I think, $145 painted, $160 in CF.  IMO, it's the best looking one I've seen on a 929.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I don't know if anyone cares , but I have a pyramid that I got a while ago on e-bay, I will have to check where, but they were only $75 when I bought it. The picture isn't a close up, but it does wonders for the overall looks of filling in the space. The only thing I worry about is that there is less than an 1/8 of an inch clearance between the tire and the fender. I haven't seen any others that are that close to the tire. I donno I have michelin pilot sports, maybe they are just a hair larger??

David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts