Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Cbr 1000 am looking for the best unit to get
Not sure if I should get the quick shift and auto tune as well I am totally ignorant when comes to these I have a guy that will set it up with all the computers and stuff but want others opinions any input is appreciated

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
The people who have quickshifts seem to like them a lot. I must admit to being a convert to the principle of them after taking out the DCT model of the VFR1200 and being able to change up gears at full throttle.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I have a Bazazz on my 954 and it is really quite nice. I don't have the quick shift, but I do have the auto tune.
I love the auto tune. As far as the Bazazz goes, it's very easy to use and works well. Pretty much eliminates the need for a dyno tune, though I think you can a bit better of a tune by someone who is an actual "tuner."
Again no experience with the Power Commander or the quick shift.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been looking at the wiesco as well seems the most plug and play but not sure if its all that good u have to change the injector wires to theirs but other than that pretty simple I really am lost quick shift not really a concern with me I like shifting and it's a lot of money just for a split second

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Been looking at the wiesco as well seems the most plug and play but not sure if its all that good u have to change the injector wires to theirs but other than that pretty simple I really am lost quick shift not really a concern with me I like shifting and it's a lot of money just for a split second
That's exactly why I didn't buy the quickshift. It is intriguing though, because it allows you to pin the throttle and shifts for you at whatever rpm you set.
They all piggy back onto the existing wires, adding their own along with a TPS sensor. It's not terribly difficult. I haven't heard anything about the Wiesco setup, though Bazzaz was created by one the top tuners from Power Commander.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/motovationusa/all-you-ever-needed-to-know-about-bazzaz-fuel-management-and-traction-control-un/10150099940302232

·
Registered
3,890 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
It doesn't shift for you - it cuts the ignition taking the tension off the drivetrain allowing you to shift without chopping the throttle manually.
My bad, I thought it also shifted for you as well. Hardly worth it then, unless you're racing imo. The one thing that I did like about them is it does allow you to change to a GP style shift, which could help knock out some fast shifts.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
You don't need a quickshifter to move to a 1up/5down shift :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol my thoughts exactly the air compressed shifter auto matically shifts at a preset u make but mainly for drag I believe unless u drag its a waste of 200 bucks

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Yeah you need to make DAMN sure muscle memory is set for it. Shifting down at redline because of reverse shift makes a mess of things ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The tuning is what I'm more concerned with not to many people around that I know can REALLY tune it so the auto tune is a must for me I believe but also worried I'm getting in over my head since what ever will be done will be by me and my mechanic buddy but when it comes to setting up racing style stuff he is a little inexperience I can learn it but don't want to screw up my ride either

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The auto tune works really well. Setting it up is easy too, as long as you have a spot on the exhaust for the sensor. Once you get it all together a day at the track is all you need to get it running well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts