Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i have a 2001 CBR 929 Fireblade. The previous owner removed the HTEV and HVIX, not very effectively i might add...but basically the hardware is out of the bike.

After i get a servo delete module i want to get the bike as good as it can be via tuning it with a Power commander, the thing is, i can't find the 110-411 PC3 USB that is indicated for my bike, i found a second hand one from another bike and im thinking of getting it.

The real question is, will a PC3 USB from another Honda, in this case, coming off a Varadero 1000XLV, work on my bike, provided that i load the correct map to the PC3 or is there any hardware difference between the various PC3's?

Thanks in advance! :)

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,862 Posts
I am by no means a FI or PC expert, but I think the models of PC are specific to wire harness adaptability, meaning that the unit itself is the same across the board, but its the harness connectors that designate what bikes they fit.

Please wait for a second opinion, as I'm just using common sense logic, with NO specific based knowledge.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input.

I tought the same thing, the unit itself must be the same, but the wiring might be different. I looked at the instruction page for both PC3's ( my bike model and the varadero model) and the connectors seem the same, since they are same era Hondas it makes sense. But i have no guarantee that the wires on the plugs translate equally across both bikes..i doubt it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts