Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are there noticeable improvements with a power commander? I recently unhooked mine from my 06 F4i when I changed the battery and the bike seems to run smoother. Probably did not have it tuned correctly. I bought it used and it didn't come with the seperate power cable to allow me to power the unit and use the profiles you can download from the web. Therefore I have to dial in the settings manually. Also, the preset profiles did not include my pipe. The bike came with an aftermarket Delkavic pipe.

I'm a new rider (<1 year). what are some of your recommendations for settings? More or less fuel in which RPMs?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Are there noticeable improvements with a power commander? I recently unhooked mine from my 06 F4i when I changed the battery and the bike seems to run smoother. Probably did not have it tuned correctly. I bought it used and it didn't come with the seperate power cable to allow me to power the unit and use the profiles you can download from the web. Therefore I have to dial in the settings manually.

I'm a new rider (<1 year). what are some of your recommendations for settings? More or less fuel in which RPMs?

Don't bother trying to alter the fueling using the buttons.
Get yourself a cable and download the software and some maps.
There are no "recommended" settings, the engine tells you where and how much fuel it needs.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
You don't need a separate cable to power the PC to download maps - just use a laptop and download the maps while the ignition is switched on (but engine not running).

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
You don't need a separate cable to power the PC to download maps - just use a laptop and download the maps while the ignition is switched on (but engine not running).

I think that's the cable he's missing ;-)

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
So how the hell does he have it connected to the bike? :idunno: He's talking about the 9v PP3 battery connector.

He doesn't, if it were connected to the bike it would be powered by the bike's battery.
The PC3 USB doesn't need a 9V battery does it - it is powered via USB isn't it?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
no the usb is just for data transfer, it doesn't power the unit.

Then, as Sky said, put the PC back on the bike first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts