Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if they have fitted a Commander to a 929?
and the resulting benifits or losses?

Regards:thumb:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've got a PCIIIr on my 929. It gave better midrange, and really helped smooth out the throttle response. Certainly worth it

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks FATBOY!
Yes I do Find that it tends to be very snatchy on the Throttle!
Only Had this Bike for two weeks, seems to be stock with the exception of a
"Thunder Compition Can"
Joined as a member just a week ago and you are the first to Bother (Thanks)

·
Registered
118 Posts
I fitted a pc3 to my 929 a couple of weeks ago and it certainly smoothed it out. I got a reading of 118 at the wheel with just a aftermarket slipon but I believe you sometimes dont get a huge power gain but gain in other departments.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I've got a PCIIIr on my 929. It gave better midrange, and really helped smooth out the throttle response. Certainly worth it
:plus1:

One of the best things I've done! :)

Custom map for your bike will give best result - make sure everything is tip-top (airfilter, plugs, etc) before the work is done too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi MachineHead!
info!
Where abouts in Good Old Hampshire? lived there my self for many years!

Gosport and then Calmore!

Best Regards
Be safe.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Hi there, central Southampton for the last 10-years so just up the road, not long on the M27 to Gosport - have friends there, but I'm Somerset born & bread!! ooh aargh, ooh aargh! :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Again!
Born and bread in Devon "Luvly Scrumpy" now living in Sunny Mallorca having to endure the terrible sticky leathers every sunday.
This Sunday was the yearly bikers rally! must have been over two thousand or more Spanish and Ex-Pats.
Loads of the english meet up and ride out on sundays normaly cover 200-250kiloms.
we also have our own Race Circuit here on the Island as this is where Lorenzo(Moto GP) comes from!
I have been on the bikes since 16, now 55years young and enjoy the buzz every time!!
Best Regards
Drive to enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Nice to hear from you (thread hi-jack I know!). More like damp sodden leathers here at the moment - not one ride out this year but 1 track day. I've been riding since I was 16 too, which is not so many as you though but great to hear you're still out there riding. My friends dad is in his 70's and rode to the south of France and back with us in a week last September!

Wish I was somewhere warm and sunny!! :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts