Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a CBR 929 and I want to put a PC III on it but want to hear some of yalls thoughts before the purchase. Is it worth it? and Why?

·
Registered
662 Posts
I never used one personally but i do know for a fact PC III is amazing on any bike,you can totally customize your power curves and what not to your liking,better throttle response etc

·
Registered
263 Posts
My 929 came with one installed so I have no idea.. But I hear everything from almost pointless (stock exhaust) to a must have (full exhaust).

My question is, is there any advantage of buying a modern pc over a older pc3 with serial interface. Those lack ignition timing if I'm not mistaken? If it's not a big deal old pc3's are a lot cheaper ...

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
My 929 came with one installed so I have no idea.. But I hear everything from almost pointless (stock exhaust) to a must have (full exhaust).

My question is, is there any advantage of buying a modern pc over a older pc3 with serial interface. Those lack ignition timing if I'm not mistaken? If it's not a big deal old pc3's are a lot cheaper ...
The early ones (PC2 and PC3r) do have ignition mapping, the new ones don't.
Unless the engine is modified there is little point in adjusting the ignition timing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The USB PCIII has an added extra over the serial port version that increases the amount of fuel for a few revolutions of the engine when the throttle is opened.
All the settings are adjustable and it does make a difference.
It can be downloaded from the Power commander web page.
Just look for accelerator pump Power Commander III USB Downloads

Tony

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does someone know how much difference there practically is?

I am mainly interested in getting a smoother acceleration when hitting the gas from totally off. Does it make a noticeable difference if i have a PC3 serial or PC3 USB?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Does someone know how much difference there practically is?

I am mainly interested in getting a smoother acceleration when hitting the gas from totally off. Does it make a noticeable difference if i have a PC3 serial or PC3 USB?

I would say the difference would be unnoticeable.
As long as you have enough revs up, hitting the gas from closed throttle shouldn't cause any problems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would say the difference would be unnoticeable.
As long as you have enough revs up, hitting the gas from closed throttle shouldn't cause any problems.
Thanks for the fast reply. Then i will go for a serial version. I will get it cheap, a new one for 100$ :thumb:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Thanks for the fast reply. Then i will go for a serial version. I will get it cheap, a new one for 100$ :thumb:

Have you checked your fuel pressure regulator vacuum line recently?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
No i just bought the bike. What am i looking for?

Pull the vacuum hose off, turn the ignition on to run the pump and make sure no fuel comes out of the FPR.
Also, if the pump doesn't stop running after a few seconds when you turn the ignition on then the diaphram is probably shot.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Ok thanks, I will check that. Is it a common problem on this model?

Yes, the 929, 954, F4i and other FI Hondas have a similar FPR.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts