Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, installed the pc and didn't want to loose any trunk space. So I decided to install it under the front saddle. And so that I can still hook up the laptop from the rear saddle. this is my solution. I used cutting blade and hot air gun to bend the plastic. 180decrees hot air is right temp for the job.

I'm very happy how it turned up. :thumb: I think this is the way to install it. PERIOD

JakeT.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Looks good Jake :thumb:
Mine is in the trunk and is attached with velcro.
The velcro keeps coming unglued and the PC rattles around in there.
I may do something like you've done although I use that middle part
of the trunk for my tyre repair kit.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I'm waiting for mine to be delivered.Was supposed to be shipped Tues from FlatOut. I have a couple of questions.1st the site is kinda vague as to do I need to have a computer hooked up to the PCIII while it's connected to bike? I don't have a lapto. Also the Pair valve mod is this needed for it to operate properly? Any help would be greatly apprecicated.

P.S. nice Install Clean :thumb:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
KJ's RR said:
I'm waiting for mine to be delivered.Was supposed to be shipped Tues from FlatOut. I have a couple of questions.1st the site is kinda vague as to do I need to have a computer hooked up to the PCIII while it's connected to bike? I don't have a lapto. Also the Pair valve mod is this needed for it to operate properly? Any help would be greatly apprecicated.

P.S. nice Install Clean :thumb:
To change the map, you need to hook up the PCIII to a computer. The unit comes with a 9V battery adapter (included with the USB package) that lets you connect it to a computer away from the bike. The Pair valve mod isn't necessary for it to operate. If you do the Pair valve mod you'll need to install a map that utilizes the changes it makes.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Mines in the same area, but I didn't do any mods, just kinda shoved it in upside down. Doesn't ever move and I can still load maps without any hassle. Yours looks killer :thumb: .

·
Registered
254 Posts
I notice that's the serial model, not the USB. Is there any difference besides the fact that it connects to a computer using a different kind of cable?

I had read that the USB samples twice as often as the serial... since I don't have a PC yet, I don't really know what real difference that would make. I read that the USB samples every 250rpm, and the serial every 500rpm. Anyone want to comment on that?

By the way, nice install. When I buy one I'm going to do exactly what you did (although probably not as cleanly!).

--- D

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
The USB model allows you to input values for the RPM's in 250 rpm increments. It also allows you to install the accelerator pump software to the PC, and comes with a 9V external battery connector.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
IIIr USB can also adjust ignition curves, this serial( old one) cannot. also it's pain in the ass(PITA), because modern laptops don't have serial port at all(IBM's). So I need usb->serial adapter to adjust it.(major PITA)

But I got it(PCIII) used and cheap, so I have to work with that.

JT

·
Registered
339 Posts
Super clean install.
I will be doing that next week when mine comes in!
THANX!

·
Registered
66 Posts
JakeT said:
Well, installed the pc and didn't want to loose any trunk space. So I decided to install it under the front saddle. And so that I can still hook up the laptop from the rear saddle. this is my solution. I used cutting blade and hot air gun to bend the plastic. 180decrees hot air is right temp for the job.

I'm very happy how it turned up. :thumb: I think this is the way to install it. PERIOD

JakeT.
i thought everyone installed it there? maybe i just assumed that everyone had common sense. :huh:

·
Registered
723 Posts
I left the toolkit in the center; the right side bottom has the Scorpio alarm and the rightside top (velcroed to the side) has the PCIII.

Although; I've never actually used the toolkit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts