Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 954 with a Devil half system, HTEV locked open and the flapper mod. I am trying to find a temporary map to use off the website until I get it tuned and was thinking about using the european model devil map. Has anyone tried using the European maps on US bikes? What is the power difference between the two models?

I have the US erion bolt on map loaded on there now and that seems to have helped it somewhat. I was thinking the half system that eliminates the HTEV would be better but that seemed to have quite a hick-up in the low RPMs just when revving the engine so I never even took it out with that map loaded

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I have a 954 with a Devil half system, HTEV locked open and the flapper mod. I am trying to find a temporary map to use off the website until I get it tuned and was thinking about using the european model devil map. Has anyone tried using the European maps on US bikes? What is the power difference between the two models?

I have the US erion bolt on map loaded on there now and that seems to have helped it somewhat. I was thinking the half system that eliminates the HTEV would be better but that seemed to have quite a hick-up in the low RPMs just when revving the engine so I never even took it out with that map loaded

Just try a bunch of different maps until you find one you can live with.
Or just tweak the map yourself.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, another question slightly off subject - Does the htev system have to be unplugged once its locked in the full open to benefit from it?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
So, another question slightly off subject - Does the htev system have to be unplugged once its locked in the full open to benefit from it?

If the servo motor is still connected to the HTEV then the gears will definitely strip.
There isn't really any performance "benefit" from keeping the HTEV open at all rpm. It is open above 8000RPM anyway. You actually lose some midrange power by disabling the HTEV but not enough to be a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts