Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Shadow ace 1998 750, replaced the battery a couple of days ago, all went perfect until this morning when I went to start it. Turned the key on but no power, checked the terminals, checked the fuse. All but to no avail still no power.
Has anyone have any ideas, I am thinking it is the Key barrel, unsure.
Thanks for any advice. :huh:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Have a Shadow ace 1998 750, replaced the battery a couple of days ago, all went perfect until this morning when I went to start it. Turned the key on but no power, checked the terminals, checked the fuse. All but to no avail still no power.
Has anyone have any ideas, I am thinking it is the Key barrel, unsure.
Thanks for any advice. :huh:

Did you check the charging system when you determined the previous battery had failed?
Have you tried charging the battery?
Do you have power when you run jumper cables to a car battery?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried the Jumper Leads from the car and let it charge for five minutes. Did eventually charge but once I took the leads of she stopped again. So obviously not charging, any suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Tried the Jumper Leads from the car and let it charge for five minutes. Did eventually charge but once I took the leads of she stopped again. So obviously not charging, any suggestions.
Do you mean that it runs fine when connected to the car battery?
Do not run the car's engine while you have its battery connected to the bike.
No, you've proved that your battery is not holding any charge. It needs at least 11V to be able to run the pump.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it runs normally when attached with leads, take the leads off and it stops. This is a brand new battery ???

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Yes it runs normally when attached with leads, take the leads off and it stops. This is a brand new battery ???

Doesn't matter how old it is if it's not charged.
Charge the battery.
Then do the tests of the charging system - if the battery holds a charge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts