Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Big defeat = political rebranding.
Same old (but softer) message plus socially inclusive buzzwords and younger leader = Republicans 2010

Just like the Conservatives have done here in the UK...

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
The Republicans likely won't be a real threat for two terms now unless the Messiah really messes up but I think they'll cut him a lot of slack anyways. Besides anyone now who mearly mentions poor performance will be labled racist.

On the other hand the blacks will disown him if he doesn't cater to them directly. This has happened several times in Detroit.

Anyways I really wish the best for Obama. God only knows he has a tough job ahead of him.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I don't think there should be any special treatment because of your race.

Something that bothered me is they kept zooming in on Jesse Jackson, Oprah and other African-American celebraties at Obama's speach after the elections. What the heck was that all about? That just seemed wierd to me and didn't help this "non-racial" election. Plus he kind of sounds like he's preaching when he goes up on stage instead of giving a speech. This is a presidential speech not a holy roller church. I kind of feel the African-Americans voted for Obama just because he was African-American himself and not for his political skills.

Sorry if anybody takes this as being racist I didn't mean to come off that way. I wish Obama the best of luck at getting us out of our debt crisis we have got ourselves into.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think there should be any special treatment because of your race.

Something that bothered me is they kept zooming in on Jesse Jackson, Oprah and other African-American celebraties at Obama's speach after the elections. What the heck was that all about? That just seemed wierd to me and didn't help this "non-racial" election. Plus he kind of sounds like he's preaching when he goes up on stage instead of giving a speech. This is a presidential speech not a holy roller church. I kind of feel the African-Americans voted for Obama just because he was African-American himself and not for his political skills.

Sorry if anybody takes this as being racist I didn't mean to come off that way. I wish Obama the best of luck at getting us out of our debt crisis we have got ourselves into.
Ya, but you could say the same thing about the Great White South voting for McCain just because he is white.
BTW, I got the same feeling about them only showing black people with just a few shots of mostly white women. I did see two white men in the audience on camera, but I'll bet there were many more in attendence.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Palin the one who doesn't know the difference between a country and a continent!!!:eek:
And our future president hopefully figures out how many states there are in the USA.:rotfl:

Oh gosh, I actually agree with Limbaugh on this one...

Rush Limbaugh: Time to cleanse Republican Party
Says conservatism not on ballot, calls McCain's whole campaign 'concession speech'
Posted: November 05, 2008
1:25 pm Eastern

By Joe Kovacs
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Rush Limbaugh

Radio host Rush Limbaugh, the loudest conservative voice in American politics, today blasted John McCain's presidential campaign as weak and said Barack Obama's election as president is an opportunity to purge the Republican Party of candidates who abandon conservative principles.

"McCain's whole campaign was a concession speech," said Limbaugh in his post-election analysis. "We've now demonstrated to everyone how to lose."

Limbaugh dismissed any notion that victories by Democrats in the White House and Congress meant a repudiation of right-leaning principles.

Limbaugh explained conservatism was not on the ballot.

"We haven't been on the ballot since 1994," he said, noting that if Republicans wanted to win elections, they should not put so-called "moderates" on the ballot.

"The conservative movement does not need to be rebuilt," he said. "We had some people abandon the conservative movement, and they need to be abandoned."

The broadcaster called last night's results "an opportunity for cleansing ... like we haven't seen in a long time."

Concerning Obama's victory speech in Chicago, Limbaugh noted, "He said nothing better than anyone has ever said nothing."

"We congratulate Obama. We recognize the historical nature. We also understand that more than him being black, he is a radical extremist who is not going to govern from the center. [Nancy] Pelosi and [Harry] Reid are not going to govern from the center. What the hell do people think they wanted to win this election for? When do liberals govern from the center? The only time they do that is when they have to when there are enough Republicans around to keep their extremism in check.

"Screw defeat!" he exclaimed.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I saw a lot of white people at Obama's rallies supporting him, but how many African-Americans did you see at McCain's rallies. Nah this election had nothing to do with race.

·
Registered
946 Posts
If McCain ran as more conservative, he'd have lost by much, much more.
And quoting a convicted drug addict dose not help your case.
listening to a radical racist preacher or hanging out with self confessed terrorists didn't hurt Obama so why not? OH thats right because all that was just lies made up by the Republicans (ya know even though Obama admitted to it and it is a documented fact he worked with Aeirs and Wright was his spiritual leader) while all the things about McCain and Palin are God's honest truth!
This election was a joke.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
He was never convicted nedro. Stop the BS. His addiction was to pain killers and if you knew anything about the story you'ld know why.
This is getting a little stupid!

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
He was never convicted nedro. Stop the BS. His addiction was to pain killers and if you knew anything about the story you'ld know why.
This is getting a little stupid!
That is because it is ok for a liberal to do that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts