Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP PLEASE! my bike (rr7) went on the dyno today but would only rev under load to about 8000rpm then the power just dropped off and i mean dropped! it revs cleanly when throttle blipt to rev limiter and never had any problems before this can any one shed any light on my problem?

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
How many miles has it done ?
Has it been serviced correctly ?

Pop into the Introductions and say hi :thumb: :welcome:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Every bike is going to have a different power curve on the dyno, do to engine health and engine modifications.

Was it a dip in power followed by a rise? Or just straight power loss after 8000 rpm ?

Have you ran a compression test to make sure the engine is healthy ?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
HELP PLEASE! my bike (rr7) went on the dyno today but would only rev under load to about 8000rpm then the power just dropped off and i mean dropped! it revs cleanly when throttle blipt to rev limiter and never had any problems before this can any one shed any light on my problem?
Was it fine yesterday on the road though?
When you say blipped will it actually rev above 8000rpm in neutral? Blipping it will actually push it past the limiter due to the inertia of the crank regardless of whether the engine is actually combusting at that speed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ikea serviced regularly by myself plugs filters ect bike only done 8000 miles ran perfect last year power literally dropped off at 8000 rpm and wouldn't rev any higher and only showed about 105 bhp when do the secondary injectors come into play and is there anyway to test/ check if there working correctly? Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Ikea serviced regularly by myself plugs filters ect bike only done 8000 miles ran perfect last year power literally dropped off at 8000 rpm and wouldn't rev any higher and only showed about 105 bhp when do the secondary injectors come into play and is there anyway to test/ check if there working correctly? Any help is greatly appreciated

Last year?
You mean it's been sitting for a long time then?

Bhp is measured at the crank and I'm guessing you are not using an engine dyno?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
If there were any problem in the injection system you would expect a flashing MIL on the dash.
Secondaries come online at 5500rpm.
You check injectors by probing for the firing pulse at the connectors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts