Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes back here with more questions regarding the F3.

I believe that the CCT has pretty much packed up so have got one on order that should be here this Thursday. A question on fitting the new one. Is it just a case of making the tool to retract the old cct then removing, cleaning the old gasket off and replacing with the new gasket and tensioner and removing the stopper key or do i have to set to TDC. I have spent the last two days searching and some say you do and some say you don't have to set TDC.

Also would the requirement for a new CCT cause an issue with acceleration as it seems to have gone downhill on pull off and I get a vibration through the right footpeg at about 6500 revs upto about 7500/8000 revs. I can still cruise on the motorway at 6500/7000revs in 6th gear going 75-85mph so don't believe there is an overall power issue just acceleration. Since the vibration started have not taken it above 8000revs. Had it apart weekend just gone and checked torque on all major bolts.

Had the valves checked and adjusted about 1500 miles ago. Did oil change 100 mile ago. Checked new oil still nice and clean. Checked old oil (dirty) but nothing in there. No issue with shifting gear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fitted the new CCT last night.

Garage wanted hour and half labour (£75). Took me all of 30 minutes.

Right lower fairing off, right hand engine hanger plate off, clutch cable bracket off. Remove the blanking screw from the top of the old CCT (keep as this is needed for the new one) I did not have the 'special' tool to retract the plunger on the old CCT before removing so used a small flat head screwdriver turned clockwise until would not turn and then held the screwdriver with a pair of pliers while i undid the two hex head bolts. Came away no problem. Gave the area around the hole a clean and then put the new gasket on the new CCT put in the two hex head bolts tightened to torque and removed the stopper tool from the end of the new CCT and replaced that with the blanking screw. Then proceeded to put everything else back and tighten to torque. Within 40 minutes of getting home I was back on it giving it a test run. Sounds better and believe it or not goes better as well.

Syncing carbs at the weekend so if anyone could confirm that the vacume points are underneath the carbs with what looks like black plastic blanks in them. Also if any one has a picture of where the adjusting screws are. I do have a manual but pictures are not very good.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top