Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a powercommander on my 929rr Its pretty much all stock as far as performance i just have a full devil exhaust. Anybody have an idea on which setup i should run through it off powercommander's website. I'm not sure on which will run best. or if anybody has a set up of there own i can put through it Let me know also when my bike is running when i go to crack the throttle it cuts out you have to keep crackin it to get it to rev higher i was told it was a throttle positioning sencer but i was making sure before i bought one if you have an idea please let me know all your help is much appreciated

Attachments

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I have a powercommander on my 929rr Its pretty much all stock as far as performance i just have a full devil exhaust. Anybody have an idea on which setup i should run through it off powercommander's website. I'm not sure on which will run best. or if anybody has a set up of there own i can put through it Let me know also when my bike is running when i go to crack the throttle it cuts out you have to keep crackin it to get it to rev higher i was told it was a throttle positioning sencer but i was making sure before i bought one if you have an idea please let me know all your help is much appreciated

Just try any of the full-system maps and something should be pretty close.
The bike was fine before you changed the exhaust system?
You can't buy the TPS - it's part of the throttle bodies.
Have you checked all the maintenance items are up to date - new plugs and filters for example?
When you removed the exhaust system did you remove the airbox flapper as well?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i removed the airbox flapper, i had the exhaust on all last year i just started having the problem at the end of last fall. So do you not think that it is the TPS and how much does a throttle body usually run.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Yes i removed the airbox flapper, i had the exhaust on all last year i just started having the problem at the end of last fall. So do you not think that it is the TPS and how much does a throttle body usually run.

We don't have seasons here so I don't know what you mean by spring or fall.
I'd be surprised if the TPS would go bad with no warning and you'd expect to have a MIL warning if it were the TPS or any other part of the injection system.
I think I paid around US$150 for the 954 throttle bodies I'm running on my 929.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will the 954 throttle body make any diffrence on mine. or are they pretty much the same i know Honda and Acura cars all throttle body are the same just diffrent mm. Would it help for performance whats so ever

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Will the 954 throttle body make any diffrence on mine. or are they pretty much the same i know Honda and Acura cars all throttle body are the same just diffrent mm. Would it help for performance whats so ever

Yes, they're 2mm bigger at 42mm.
You need the injection harness with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts