Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RRW has an article about special 2up rides EMGO Suzuki's Steve Rapp is giving to local press folks - it's a good read.

snipit:
“These guys have balls of steel,” said KKFM 98.1 FM morning show host 'Mondo.' “That is such high speed. I was terrified. It was the most terrifying and exhilarating thing I’ve ever done.

“You’re just sort of clinging to the track as you go around, and it feels like you’re flying at certain times. The turns were fairly frightening, but when you’re on the straightaway – the speed. I’ve just never gone that fast.

“I did a tandom (skydive) jump out of an airplane a few years ago. You think that would be a pretty invigorating thing, but it’s nothing compared to this. I mean the speed is just amazing. It’s like you’re literally flying down the track. I don’t know how these guys do it, but it was an amazing ride. These guys are true professionals. I’ll be watching these guys at PPIR from now on.”

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
I've done the 2-up with Jason Pridmore.....a totally mind bending experience....nothing else like it.

BTW
Anyone recall Rapp's cartwheel crash a couple of years back? Can't remember where, Road America maybe?....but it was crazy. Hit is brake lever on a tail, resulting in a 100mph endo in traffic....bike cartwheeled forEVER.....I can't read that guys name without it coming to mind....

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it was Road America - someone here had that pic as their avatar for a while I think...

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Baketech : BTW
Anyone recall Rapp's cartwheel crash a couple of years back? Can't remember where, Road America maybe?....but it was crazy. Hit is brake lever on a tail, resulting in a 100mph endo in traffic....bike cartwheeled forEVER.....I can't read that guys name without it coming to mind....
I've got it on tape. He hit the back of Kocinski's bike.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Thats it....he made the restart 10mins later on the backup bike....

Sorry about the threadjack Phozed....my fault.

Anyone else done the 2-up with a pro?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Baketech : Anyone else done the 2-up with a pro?
Do, uhh, prostitutes count?

I wish. I've only been to one race, ever, much less ridden with a pro...

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Kevin Graham and I used to offer 2 ups on Friday open practice several years ago. It was an eye opener for both the pilot and passenger, believe me . . . (nothing like having someone scream 'we're gonna die!!!!!!!!' while you're cranked over at 130+ through the sweeper at Grattan . . .).

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Baketech : Anyone else done the 2-up with a pro?
I ran Reg Pridmore off the track with a student on back at Laguna once, does that count?

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
luvtolean : Quote (Baketech @ May 30 2003, 4:35pm)Anyone else done the 2-up with a pro?
I ran Reg Pridmore off the track with a student on back at Laguna once, does that count?
Was his on-bike cam spooling?

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
No but he told the class about it, while laughing. He did mention the student was a bit nervous.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Don't think I would be game enought to get on the back, I like to be in control

1 - 12 of 12 Posts