Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I bought a CNC comfort kit for my 929. I am having a real clearance issue when I offer it all up though. The bend on the throttle cables fouls the top of the fairing.

I can just get it to work although the brake lever is a little lower than I'd like.

I have Renthal Ultra Lows that come with the kit and I really can't see that I'm doing anything wrong.

Experiences and advise from anyone who's done similar please.

·
Registered
60 Posts
These are how my comfort kit fits, maybe they can be of help to you?
I would like to add that since I took these pictures I have deleted the angle fitting at the bottom of the handlebar holder. The holder is now straight with the forks as are the bars. This has the affect of moving the rider forward about an inch or more and reducing the height of the bar by about an inch or so.

RR

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rudyrov but I have a CNC kit without the angled part. I would buy some but I can't bank on any of the risers I've seen fitting properly without messing about asking for exact dimensions from the sellers.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Thanks Rudyrov but I have a CNC kit without the angled part. I would buy some but I can't bank on any of the risers I've seen fitting properly without messing about asking for exact dimensions from the sellers.

What is a "CNC kit", is that a company or the way it's machined?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think this is what he (Teriyaki) is taking about;
Conversion : CBR 900 RR : Honda : Shop

Looks very similar to what I have as far as the actual hard parts. I think it is a problem with routing the various cable that he is having.
In my case I tried to lay out the throttle cables several times before settling on the current layout I am having. Longer throttle cables would be easier to work with, and perhaps I will do that someday?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I think this is what he (Teriyaki) is taking about;
Conversion : CBR 900 RR : Honda : Shop

Looks very similar to what I have as far as the actual hard parts. I think it is a problem with routing the various cable that he is having.
In my case I tried to lay out the throttle cables several times before settling on the current layout I am having. Longer throttle cables would be easier to work with, and perhaps I will do that someday?

Thanks for that, it's a brand name then :)

Another of those silly conversions that leave me wondering why people buy a sportsbike when they really wanted a tourer ;-)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for that, it's a brand name then :)

Another of those silly conversions that leave me wondering why people buy a sportsbike when they really wanted a tourer ;-)
I didn't buy a sport bike when I really wanted a tourer... That's not a fair comment to make on your behalf. You don't know me or teriyaki. Comments like that are not helpful Sir!!

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I didn't buy a sport bike when I really wanted a tourer... That's not a fair comment to make on your behalf. You don't know me or teriyaki. Comments like that are not helpful Sir!!

I was only joking, that's what the smiley was for.

But I don't need to know either of you to make such comment. Sportsbikes by their nature are designed to put the rider forward and low to make the front tyre work properly, but you don't seem to want that in your bike?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts