Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 954 from the steering bearing update. The bike won't lock when the bars are turned to the left, but will lock when turned to the right. I took it back to the dealer, and they said the casting is bad and they are going to order another one. Does this sound right??? :rant:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ConqSoft said:
No. Sounds like they didn't do it right... This was a problem that some people had in the past though.

Would you happent to have anything in detail as to what they may have done? They told me they were going to call Honda Technical on Moday and ask them. I would like to cut this off if possible. Stupid asses.....I know where not to go anymore....this is the same place that had my chain so tight after a 600 mile service that my bike sounded like it had a supercharger on it, it whined so loud... :thumbd:

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Dookie, I experienced the same thing after my "upgrade". It is a matter of the mechanic lining up the ignition switch just so upon reassembly, or something to that effect. Take it back and have them do it correctly. Fortunately I have access to a service mgr. who is pretty competent. Although I did have some metal shavings in/around my steering stem, if I had it to do over again, I would have done the work myself and retained the tapereds vs the balls. Oh well, 20/20 hindsight.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Bacchus said:
........................... if I had it to do over again, I would have done the work myself ............................

Yup, just like the spark plug change. :poke: :rasp:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These guys are nuts. Just got off the phone with them and they are still convinced that the new steering stem is causing it..WTF!!! :idunno:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
showmethebombs said:
I hate how dealers never seem to know $hizzle about what they sell. :crap:
Tell me about it. The mechanics don't look very professional for charging $79/hour for labor too!!!

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Dookie said:
Tell me about it. The mechanics don't look very professional for charging $79/hour for labor too!!!
Sounds like the P.O.S. people at my local dealerships too. I just feel like if I ever need to drop it off, saying: "can you drop a hammer on the tank too, I know your going to anyway".

Seems like the automotive industries certified mechanics are somewhat better. :crap: That's why I do most of the work on bikes myself. :(

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
guess I'm pretty lucky to have a good mechanic around here, he's not a factory guy just owns his own bike shop/autobody. me and all my friends go there, nothing but good work from him and the guys he's got working there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can you give me any info about the price of replacing this?My casting is completely broken(think somebody tried to steal it)and it won't lock at all.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
The guys in this thread haven't been on the board in at least 2 years (thread itself is 8 years old).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts