Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had this problem before, but the dealer didn't do anything but temporarily fix the problem. it has a new regulator/rectifier, new stator, and a new battery. I'll ride it fine for a little while and it ill die on me either in a parking lot or out on the road, i need some assistance with finding out any particular electric problems with earlier blades.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Does it start again afterwards?
Is the battery flat when it dies?
How far/long can you ride before it dies?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
basically what happens is that when i charge the battery i can ride for about an hour then it will die and won't start back up. and i have an led integrated tail light with resistors, and regular flush mounts in the front.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Clearly the battery isn't charging then.
It's either the stator or regulator or a break in the wires between them.
Have you checked voltage at the battery with the engine running to see if the system is charging?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I think either you have a week stator or a problem with a bulb. I bought some immitation HID bulbs off ebay and my bike 98 did the same thing. Switched back the bulbs, problem solved. The charging system in that bike isn't that strong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the battery is only getting about 11.8v from the regulator but the stator is putting out the right amount of voltage. as for the bulbs i have normal dual filament bulbs in the front and led with resistors in the rear

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
11.8V is not a charged battery.
Do the volts rise or fall while the engine is idling?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok let me explain this again, the battery is fully charged at 13.2v. i measure alternating voltage from the stator im gettin about 67v at 5000rpm, and hen i measure voltage at the regulator i am getting about 11.8v going out to the battery, so i am thinking that the regulator/rectifier needs replaced the guy i bought the bike from bought it from regulatorrectifier.com.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Certainly sounds like the regulator to me.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Physically disconnect the R/R plug and see if it has any corrosion. Clean the contacts to be sure. These have a habit of getting wet and rusting out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts