Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Problems with CCT on a 954

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  CBRDave 
#1 ·
Has anyone had any problems with their Cam Chain Tensioner on their 954? I just dropped mine off at the stealers this morning to get it checked out :(

Makes a loud chatter/ticking sound when cold and then slightly and occasionally does it when warm. The last time I rode it, it also seemed to have missed a couple times when I was sitting at a red light.

Thank goodness for the extended warranty! :cheers:

#3 ·
I don't have an answer to your question, Alex, other than no, I haven't had that problem with the tensioner.

I just had to let you know that I never thought I'd see anything sillier than your froggy cat avatar, but I was grossly mistaken. The first time I saw the helmet cat I nearly choked on my coffee!

How do your cats put up with this????

Now back to your regular program.

#7 ·
I have noticed the same noise on mine usually most noticible when rpm's level out around 4,000-5,000 rpm.
Called my local stealer they said para valve normal I will keep an ear on it let me know the outcome.
:cheers:

#10 ·
Zeeman said:
form the sound sof it, this problem only affects the "slower red" version of the 954...

Z...
Apparantly the red ones make more power, so they can actually stretch the timing chain, to a point where the tensioner can not keep things under control, so if your concerned about the noise get any color except for red :twofing: :D

#11 ·
ratter1 said:
Apparantly the red ones make more power, so they can actually stretch the timing chain, to a point where the tensioner can not keep things under control, so if your concerned about the noise get any color except for red :twofing: :D
Very well said ratter1
Well just switched to maxum4 full synthetic man what a change power baby!!!!
:coolmod:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.