Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done storing my 929 for the winter and tried just starting it up for the first time in about a month, but when I turned the key the buzz that you usually hear just before you start it, which I beleive is the fuel sending unit never comes on, does anyone know what this could mean, don't know if I need to just disengage the battery and reengage it or I need a new sending unit or what, just need some advice if anyone has any please respond.

Just want to ride!!!!! :confused:

·
Registered
622 Posts
+1. Always check the battery first. No voltage, no pump. If the battery is OK or oyu get a new one and it still doesn't work. You need to put a voltage meter on the wires going to the fuel pump in the tank and cycle the key to see if its getting power before you condem the pump because all it need was a $5 part or a wire fixed.

(I'm bitter when i hear people wanting to shot gun parts at a bike or car without knowing how to diagnose the actual problem)

Good luck. Post up results

·
Registered
216 Posts
Are the lights coming on or the LCD showing info? Or is nothing happening when you turn the key? If so I'd try to give it a jump start or push start. Is it the original battery?

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
If it's not the battery check the fuse(s) next...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts